• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Ride? First Day?

kylie71

Lilybelle
Any first ride tradition's?
We've always gone on the POTC first, every year since I was 3.. now I'm 39, lol!
Then:
HM
Jungle Cruise
BTMR

If we can get there right when it opens, usually Peter Pan before it gets to crowded and then the rest of the Fantasyland rides to get those out of the way. Then at night when the crowds go down and if the line isn't that long, we'll go on Pan again!

No tradtions really. It just depends on the season/what new ride has opened or just been refurbished/etc.
This past trip frist ride was Matterhorn! Since there is no FP we figured it'd be best to do this one in the morning.
In August we did Adventureland first....no lines anywhere!

Mine has always been the Haunted Mansion. We head right over there as soon as the park opens. ^_^

It depends on the timing. If our first day starts in the afternoon, our first rides are in adventure land: Tiki room, Jungle cruise, FP for Indy. Then head to NOS for POTC and HM.

If the first day is in the am, we do SM first then head to Fantasyland.

This year will be different because it will be my DS's (2 1/2) first time at Disneyland. Our plan is breakfast at the Plaza with Minnie and Friends to get him used to the characters then go straight to Fantasyland. I think DH may take DD(9) to SM while I take DS to Peter Pan and Mr. Toad and meet up with us when their done.

I skip the tiki room and make and it'es either JC or Indy depending if there is a small one with me or not.

We head on over to Adventureland, grab an Indy FP and ride JC, then we head over to NOS and do Pirates and HM, grab a FP for Splash and ride Pooh, then we go wherever our hearts take us. :)

Kathy, I read your trip reports! I know all about your circuit :rotfl: Loved the trip reports by the way!

It depends on the weather, then I would grab fast passes for Splash, after HM..
I love Indy, but it is a trek in and out of there!:rolleyes1

Kathy, I read your trip reports! I know all about your circuit :rotfl: Loved the trip reports by the way!

It depends on the weather, then I would grab fast passes for Splash, after HM..
I love Indy, but it is a trek in and out of there!:rolleyes1

Thank you! :)

i usually head straight to Space Mountain, get a fast pass for later then get in line and let the fun begin:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

WE used to RUN...but now it's more controlled...so we WALK to

SPACE MOUNTAIN.....

I know you asked for the FIRST ONE...but INDY JONES is a close second...

HH:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter