First pre-trip/trip report, first stay as dvc members, AND it's at the POLY!

hannahmaesmom

Earning My Ears
This is a first, so bear with me :rolleyes1
We will be at the Poly in just 34 days for our first trip as dvc owners! First the cast:
DH- 38 yo principal. He's a Disney convert, but thinks I'm a little silly with all the planning :love2:. His favorite character is Stitch.:stitch:

DD- 12 yo disney addict (don't know where that comes from, lol). Loves turkey legs and the main man:smickey:.

Me- 38 yo nurse. Have always loved all things Disney. I only went once a a child, but have made up for it as an adult:rolleyes:. I love the classic characters::MinnieMo.

Our favorite resort has always been Wilderness Lodge. It's where we stayed first and will always feel like "home". We bought resale into dvc and have Hilton Head as our home resort. That was a tough decision, but we ultimately decided that due to the fact we can get there in just around 8 hours that we would visit there as much as WDW.
We had originally booked Boardwalk Villas at our 7 month mark. We were excited to stay, we actually rented points there the last trip we took. When the Poly opened for reservations, I couldn't help myself. I was afraid we wouldn't get that opportunity again, so I switched us to a lake view studio:cool1:.

ADRs, FP are in place, received DME packet yesterday.... now we wait. I know lots of people are watching for pictures of the Poly, so I'll post whatever I can :earsboy:

Wahoo! Poly! We are doing our first trip as DVC members too. This time 1 night at AKL. & 4 nights at BLT. Can't wait to here more about yours!

I booked my trip two months ago and was suprised that they offered me the Polynesian, both at the DVC and the Bungalows. Since this is a solo trip this time, I decided that 133 points for one night wasn't worth it, so I skipped the bungalow and went for the new DVC instead. My first (and only) stay at the Polynesian was back in January 2002 and I HATED it. The room was nothing spectacular and I swore I'd never go back. This time, I'm taking one night to see what the new DVC is like. I hope we both luck out with the room! :)

FOLLOWING ALONG!:cool1: Can't wait to hear details! We are doing 1 night BWV and 3 night Poly standard studio in October for F&W. CAN'T WAIT!:Pinkbounc
HOPE that your trip is GREAT!:thumbsup2

Hi, welcome! I'm excited for you that it's your 1st trip report and 1st stay at POLY. Congrats on a lot of things. Following along!

I'm in as well! We'll be there for F&W split stay! AKV CL 10/31-11/3 then poly lake view 11/3-11/6. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter