First post, first stay, choosing a resort

atinkerella

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, my very first post!

3rd time to wdw next march, 1st time staying on property and 1st as a family! I am super excited.

right now I have BWV one bedroom booked. Travelling with my mom(62), my husband, and my daughter who will be just several days shy of 2 yo.

We will be doing a 4 night magic cruise first, and stay on property for another 3 nights.

Debating between AKL- Kidani and BWV. We are not dvc members. Want a separate living area so even when my daughter takes her nap or is asleep at night, we can still talk or watch tv.

Our plan: on debarkation day, rent a car and spend half of the day at JFK space centre. Drive to resort afterwards. Spend the next 2 days at MK and AK. Flight is at 2pm the last day.

BWV: like the boardwalk, we all find it beautiful and enjoyable. Proximity to epcot might allow us to spend the first evening there after JFK, or park hop on the other 2 days. my mom can take care of my daughter in the evening, allowing me and my husband to spend time alone. She can't take a full long day. Can also do a character bf at Cape May on departure day.

Kidani: wanna try the savannah view room, my daughter loves animals. Like the resort theming. Also love the extra bathroom which is a huge plus for us. Going to epcot the first day in the p.m. or parkhopping the other 2 days can be too tiring for us. Thinking we probably will just stay close to resort and relax.

We likely won't return for another 4 or 5 years. Comments? Suggestions? Really appreciate for any advice!

Thanks!!

First of all, Welcome!! :wave2:

Both choices are excellent. However, from you description and the length of your stay at the resort (3 nights) I think the better choice would be BWV. You're right in the middle of the BW, and it's within walking distance to Epcot, DHS, and additional choices at YC and BC. Plus, the location is fantastic for some alone time for you and DH without having to get into the car and drive somewhere else if you don't want to.

You can still hop over to AKL and enjoy some time watching the animals at one of the many viewing areas.

I would keep the reservation at BWV. It is really a big time saver to be able to walk to two parks. You'll be able to get a lot more things done from that location.

Between BWV and AKLk, looks like BWV is way more convenient. We can also return our rental car the second day at Dolphin's too.

I agree with both of you. That's why I have booked BWV first.

Kidani came up when both my mom and DH were asking if there's a second bathroom which I think they really want. So i did some research and found Kidani.

The savanna view is very appealing. And both DH and my mom didn't care about going to more parks... it looks like it is just me. That's why I am torn.

Thanks for assuring me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter