First names you dislike

Never really liked my name. Always wanted a popular name growing up. I still have to spell it for people as many think it's a K. Car isn't spelled with a K so I never understood the confusion. Anyway....

I would really dislike Bertha.

I'm so glad my mother didn't know the name she wanted to name me was a family name, or I would have been saddled with Mehitabel. Hetty-lou for short. Thankfully, my dad prevailed.

Never really liked my name. Always wanted a popular name growing up. I still have to spell it for people as many think it's a K. Car isn't spelled with a K so I never understood the confusion. Anyway....

I would really dislike Bertha.
Hate to tell you that I've know more than one Karla. And if you said your name, I would ask, C or K.

Crazy as it is, I've had my name spelled wrong. I've received things in the mail with it spelled, Merry and Mari. And I've even met people with the same name as me, but spell it one of those two ways. One was born on Christmas, so it made sense.

I wouldn't want to be named Chelsea. Or any other name that is a place.

Some of my least favorites have been Inez, Olive and Dorcas. I had an aunt by marriage named Berthadelle

:rotfl2:

My son has told me more than once that he's glad he was born a boy, because he dislikes every name I remember considering for a girl. And I think by the time I knew he was a he, there were still a couple dozen names on my girl list! At the moment, I remember Rebecca, Emily, Bronwen, Camryn, and Piper.

I don't really like my own first name. Never been a fan of unisex names. Got called Les Nessman a lot when I was a kid, so that's probably why o_O

I like one or two syllable names
I don't like really long name and parents insist calling the child that instead of nickname
Like Esmerelda

I don't know, it does seem rude to say out loud names you don't like, however, Meaty may be 1# on my list if I'm being honest.

Nothing rude about it. No ones saying I hate Anna from Florida, just the name in general (if someone had said your name). You didn't choose your name so how could you possibly take it personally?

Me, I don't like my name. I think it's snobby and old fashioned. Plus, there's always the ley or ly question..I'm ly and it seems to be in the minority.

I really don't like the name Kirsten (no offense to anybody named that)... yes I know it is like a legit name, but it still looks like a typo of the name Kristen to me :rotfl: Devon, Devin, Devyn and other variants of the name... it just bugs me. I have seen boys named that and I have seen girls named that, too confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter