First Haircut on the Wonder?

coast2coastmickey

Mouseketeer
Edited to add: I think the answer is clear, the salon for haircuts is in Senses, which is 18+, therefore no kiddo haircuts. Thanks!

Original posting: Hey everyone, here's the situation: We may be planning a short trip to California next month to see family, do some Disneyland, etc. We also hoped to get my 2yo her first hair cut. Turns out, the Main Street barber is only in FL, not in CA. So that plan doesn't work (for the haircut).

We're also booked on a 7 night cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston leaving the day after thanksgiving. Does anyone know if the facility on the ship has the ability/willingness to trim a 2yo girl's hair? I know they have an adult barber and salon, but can't seem to find a recent answer of if they'll do toddlers as well. Searching here on the forums yielded me a result from 5 years ago that they were able to accommodate, but that it was more of a hassle.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
I would be sad if they didn’t make an exception for that kind of memory! I would ask anyway. Maybe they could meet you in BBB for the haircut.

I wouldn't be sad, honestly. And I'd hate to be the person bringing a toddler into the adult only area because of a "special" reason. It's just a haircut, but my wife is more attached to how special it is. She may have a work conference at WDW in FL in early 2020 so we may just hold out until then.

Part of the "first haircut" thing is the collection of the cut hair for remembrance. Don't forget to bring a ziploc bag, wherever you go to get it done.

I also took before an after photos at the salon with my little ones, to use in a little display of a lock of the remaining hair. To look at how the color has changed now is amazing. Their little blond wisps have given way to much darker and thicker strands in their teen years.

I've heard of them doing first haircuts, but I think it's a "ask nicely and if it's not super busy maybe they'll do it" situation. It's rare but it does happen.

My grandson got his first haircut on the Disney Wonder a couple of years ago. I don't remember the details but they gave him a certificate for it.

My son got his haircut on the Fantasy a couple of years ago so they do kids haircuts. I would try guest services and see if they can help you with it. The staff is normally so nice I am sure they would make a big deal of it. they were funny and nice when my "big" kid got his hair cut.

Attachments

• Haircut.jpg
    Haircut.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter