First DVC stay; first OKW stay

BobBrazeal

DIS Veteran
I joined DVC back in Feb with an OKW resale and have since added on at VWL. I was just down at WDW 9/21 - 9/30 and had my first stay at OKW and my first as a DVC member.

What a wonderful experience!!!

I came in on Friday night, very late, and stayed off-site. I got a cab to OKW and arrived there about 8am on 9/22. I was able to check in and get into my room right then. I know that this was a special circumstance due to the reduced crowds but it certainly was nice. I got a very pleasant "Welcome Home" from the CM at the front desk as well as the CM that took me to my room.

I got a studio, 2nd floor at South Point (which I had requested while checking in), 5325. It was very clean and very nice. Close to the bus stop and the walkway to DtD. I'm sure that I'll try out other areas in the future but I liked South Point.

I didn't have a car so I depended on the WDW transportation, exclusively, as I always do. I had no problems at all. The buses were always there well within the times that they state and only once did I wait over 10 minutes and the stated time is 30 minutes. I had only one wait of 20 minutes at AK returning to OKW. I passed that time very quickly in conversation with one of the bus drivers. What a pleasant individual he was.

Only one bus mess up in the whole time. A small number of us were returning from EPCOT and he went to Miller Road then Turtle Pond and then turned back toward Hospitality House out of Turtle Pond. He didn't realized that I was on board as I was the only person left. That was the only problem that I had with buses.

They did skip the 9:40pm boat to DtD one night without explaination. I know it wasn't weather related. That was sort of annoying as I had taken a DtD bus at South Point but got off at HH so as to take the boat. I then had to wait for the next DtD bus.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this long. It was just meant to be a brief "did OKW, had a great time". Can't wait to get back in December now!!

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I promise to me more succinct.

Bob

no questions, just glad you had a good trip. we love going in september for the lower crowds.

BobBrazeal....

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. I'm glad the accommodations and service fulfilled your expectations. You added some good, positive, pixie dust vibes for this board.

Also, BTW, I must commend you on your creative "Welcome Home" designs. My DD's love your WL version....makes them "homesick" everytime they see it!

Glad you enjoyed it Bob and hope to meet up with you in Dec/Jan!!!

thanx for sharing Bob!! :)

So glad you had a great trip! So when is your next DVC vacation going to be? :)

Fortunately it is quite soon. I'll be back at OKW from 12/27 to 1/1 and then move to VWL from 1/1 to 1/6. I'm already looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter