First Dream Castle Trip Report Complete

ExpatDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

I've been a bit out of the loop on the boards as I've been busy visiting family in Texas before returning to Turkey in a couple of weeks. :goodvibes

But now it is time to gear up and I am very much looking forward to staying at the Dream Castle for the first time on the way back.:) But I think this may be my last trip to DLRP at least for some time.:sad2: After seven very nice years in Turkey, I will be moving back to the States this summer. And so I will most likely take my Disney fun at WDW since it will be only a 2 hour flight.:wizard: (Trying really hard to resist booking AKL with my 40% off pin in May). I am happy about being so close to WDW but imagine I will miss DLRP as well. Can't have both being a hop, skip and a jump away now can we??

Oh well - so I will enjoy this my last DLRP trip for awhile. I am nervous about it being very cold.:cold: I've been here in balmy Texas for three months (Texas - think Orlando - about the same climate) and may not have the proper clothes with me as I am trying to take as little as possible. So not sure how quickly I can adjust!:eek:

So here is the plan-

Flight - Houston to CDG - arriving early morning
TGV train to DLRP - around 10am
Check into Dream Castle if possible - if not leave luggage and head for the parks. Lunch at Agrabah if open!

3 nights at Dream Castle - VEA shuttle to Orly - afternoon flight to Ankara via Istanbul.

You'll be leaving DLP with 4 trips under your belt :), I know you'll enjoy your this one as much as you have all the others.

I hope you still visit us and join in with you advice once you've moved back to the States :thumbsup2.

You'll be leaving DLP with 4 trips under your belt :), I know you'll enjoy your this one as much as you have all the others.

I hope you still visit us and join in with you advice once you've moved back to the States :thumbsup2.

I have most definitely gotten my money's worth from the annual pass and hope to pop in on the DLRP thread every now and again. Well - one more trip report to do I suppose!

It has been nice meeting all of "y'all" to use a little Texas speak.:)

Awwwww. I'll miss your trip reports :sad1: don't forget this last one!

My friend has just moved to Texas, they had snow the other day! :rotfl:

Awwwww. I'll miss your trip reports :sad1: don't forget this last one!

My friend has just moved to Texas, they had snow the other day! :rotfl:

Awwwww thanks - hope you have a good make up trip with much better weather!

Snow! Yay! How fun is that:woohoo: - yes such a rarity down here in the awful HOT part of the State. Hope they enjoy it!! I think it might have been down to freezing once or twice this winter where I am - today the high is 58 - Saturday will be 70. I will be looking forward to a little winter when I get back to Turkey - we usually have snow in February and March for sure. Funny how you miss cold weather when you don't have much of it.

I look forward to reading your trip report when you go - have to have some fun while I am packing up my house (aaack).

Your trip reports are always great fun to read so I am looking forward to this one :goodvibes

I'll be there at the same time so I will keep my eyes open for you :)

Your trip reports are always great fun to read so I am looking forward to this one :goodvibes

I'll be there at the same time so I will keep my eyes open for you :)

Oooohh - Have a great trip!! Hope we have tolerable weather - haven't checked the forecasts yet!

Ok - just a random thought with the flash sale starting tomorrow - do I look t see what it would cost to stay at the DLH???:idea: I think that would be perfect with the cold weather and since it will be my last stay for the foreseeable future! :wizard: But then again with costs of moving etc. doesn't seem exactly wise. Oh the temptation!!:rolleyes:

Just checked the flash sale - nothing available for my dates - everything starts with arrivals on the 9th and I will be arriving on the 8th - no way to change that - :sad1:. I did think about moving the next day but think I'd enjoy the trip more if I can settle in a bit and not move around. Oh well Dream Castle it is!!:woohoo::wizard:

You will still have a fantastic time :goodvibes

You should pop in to the DLH for a nice drink on your last evening

You will still have a fantastic time :goodvibes

You should pop in to the DLH for a nice drink on your last evening

A very good idea!!:idea:

It is cold here today - below freezing - amazing! Schools are already closed tomorrow because we are supposed to have ice and snow - :rotfl: - that is the South for you - close schools before the weather actually hits!:rolleyes:

Hey - just getting me ready to land in Paris next week!:)

I haven't even looked at the Paris weather yet. I guess I already know what I need to know ............ cold cold cold :laughing:

Packing, packing and more packing!! Starting to get excited now - haven't had much time to think about the trip.:goodvibes:wizard: I think I'll be ready for a little Disney fun - just hope the jet lag doesn't hit me like a brick and I'm down before I can check into the hotel.:rotfl:

Aaaackk!:eek: Headed for the airport in a couple of hours! All feels a bit strange after being with family for three months. I do like to travel though so expect a little travel buz to kick in when I hit the airport.:)

What a lovely time!:goodvibes First of all I will say the weather was great! That really makes a difference in how much I enjoy a trip. Compared to November it was fantastic. I enjoyed the Dream Castle :)- it wasn't much different than the Magic Circus in my opinion and could do with a refurb in areas (as many hotels I am sure). All in all a very nice trip!!:wizard: But I must say I am tired and am still not over jet lag- maybe not the best idea to add a Disney trip onto a transatlantic flight. I always seem to have more trouble going East than West - I am however glad I chose to stop over in Paris rather than do the whole chunk US to Turkey in one go. I was able to go at a leisurely pace and I really liked that! Well when I am feeling a bit more rested I will get on with the trip report!

Since I am still running on adrenaline and not sleeping/jetlag :sad1:- I decided to go ahead and start my trip report.:) Hoping better sleep will kick in tonight!

So here goes-

Day 0- Traveling from Houston to Paris - CDG - Monday Feb. 7th - Tuesday am Feb. 8th

We were having very sunshiney weather in Texas so traveling to the airport was very pleasant. My flight wasn't until 3:30pm so we had lots of time to grab some lunch in the Woodlands on the way to the airport. Sweet Tomatoes was the vote - I have started a low carb diet and my dad also watches his carbs so it was a no brainer for us. Sweet Tomatoes is basically a salad/soup all you can eat buffet - very affordable.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then to Target for some essentials I had forgotten.:rolleyes:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And on to the airport - Continental - direct non stop to Paris - :yay:

ry%3D400

Somehow I lost my shutter finger during the trip - let's just say I spent most of it trying to scrunch into two seats and get some shut eye. I think I got a little but my neck was craned into a weird position.:rotfl: As far as flights go it was uneventful except for the turbulence as we were flying over Louisiana and Mississippi.:eek: I was really wondered if we were going to end up in Lake Ponchetrain (never can spell that) New Orleans.

The display as we were landing - what to do in Paris!

ry%3D400

:woohoo:

Ok so let's say I felt fairly like a zombie at this point having slept hmmmm - 45 minutes or so.:sad2: So that is a great travel test and I will say CDG passed with flying colors!;) I had no problems proceeding through passport control, to baggage claim, finding the CDGVal shuttle to terminal 2 and then finding the train station where I was to claim the TGV ticket I purchased online. Now that is saying something. I hear CDG sometimes gets a bad rap - but I really loved this airport!:confused3

Big thumbs up for Charles de Gualle Airport!:thumbsup2

Really looking forward to the rest of your report
I was there at the same time as you so I am hoping to find the time for a quick report ad well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter