First Disney Cruise in 23 days!

moochpuppy

DIS is the place to be
My wife and I along with my Mother and her boyfriend are going on the Disney Wonder for a 4 night cruise. I was wondering if there was anything special we should not miss on the boat or ports of call (Freeport, Nassau).

Thanks.

My first cruise is in 10 days! Also the 4 night Wonder! I'll let you know how it was when I get back! I did talk to a woman last night who does Disney Cruises often and said they got off in Nassau ONCE and felt very UNSAFE and got back on the boat IMMEDIATELY. She said they were offered DRUGS and felt accosted by people trying to sell them things.

Ooh, good to know mermaid, thanks!

Have a great time on your cruise and I look forward to your trip report when you get back. :)

I have been to Nassau 4 times with Disney and yes, some people do offer you "Ganga" or pot. Women will ask you if you want your hair braided. Just tell them all no thank you and you should be fine.

You will find this on most islands. I did not like Nassau that much, but we just walked around the shops closest to the ship. We did visit the Atlantis resort and that was the most beautiful resort and worth a visit.

MJ

Hi MOOCHPUPPY,

This Sunday will make my fourth cruise with Disney and Nassau. I have to admit my first time there was a bit intimidating due to some of the concerns you heard, but now shoot when I went last month I walked all over that place and can find my way around without a map and feel very comfortable there. Yeah, they still bug me about getting my hair braided as it's long and blonde, but I just give them a polite no and keep on walking. It's like everything else, if you act like you know what your doing you'll be better off. Also, I would reccomend for first timers that are a little nervous about being in a strange country to take DCL's excursion. You'll feel safer cause you'll be with a group. But, if you're like me and would rather figure and find stuff out on your own then I would suggest hoping a boat to Paradise Island. It's quieter than the streets in Nassau and Atlantis is a beatiful resort! You can do a little gambleing there, see their shops and restaurant and then if you really want to see Nassau and your still not comfortable get the concerige at Atlantis to get you a taxi. Take the taxi to either to the Straw Market and walk back to the ship or vice a versa. You can follow the signs to the new area of for the Straw Market and almost keep to the shoreline (Sorry, but you will have to walk some streets lined with shops...but really that's not a bad thing!) I bought my entire neices cruising outfits at Nassau as my wonderful Ex-sister-n-law didn't pack her any dress!! Have fun!!!

Mmketeer Jan.20th/2002

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter