• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks sit/stand

cuteinnocent

Mouseketeer
If people are sitting to wait for fireworks, how long before it starts do they make you stand up?

Maybe 10-15 minutes beforehand? There are lots of CMs along Main Street who continually tell people that they will need to be standing but I don't believe they enforce it until right before the show starts.

Is there a space for those in scooters to sit and watch the fireworks?
There is no specific spot for scooters. They are welcome in the same areas as everyone else. I generally try to get the front section of an area, by a rope.

Wow - they make you stand up at DL? One time at WDW, after waiting for a couple hours to be on the curb for MSEP with my mom, we actually got scolded by the people behind us for standing throughout the parade. She had a bad back and couldn't sit on the hard curb any longer. The parades seem to bring out the worst in people - I'll no longer go out of my way for them.

Wow - they make you stand up at DL? One time at WDW, after waiting for a couple hours to be on the curb for MSEP with my mom, we actually got scolded by the people behind us for standing throughout the parade. She had a bad back and couldn't sit on the hard curb any longer. The parades seem to bring out the worst in people - I'll no longer go out of my way for them.
Since the fireworks are in the sky, they have everyone stand to make more room. For parade, those on the curb remain sitting.

Since the fireworks are in the sky, they have everyone stand to make more room. For parade, those on the curb remain sitting.

Good Lord I don't know how I misread this, except for in our situation we were waiting for both, as the fireworks began after the parade. But are you saying that they make all on the curb stand for the parade, because no cast member requested we do this. And isn't the reason they make people stand for the fireworks so that others don't trip over them I the dark? That's what I've always been told.

Last edited:
Good Lord I don't know how I misread this, except for in our situation we were waiting for both, as the fireworks began after the parade. But are you saying that they make all on the curb stand for the parade, because no cast member requested we do this. And isn't the reason they make people stand for the fireworks so that others don't trip over them I the dark? That's what I've always been told.
No, you can sit for the parade if you are on the curb, but they ask you to stand for the fireworks.

No, you can sit for the parade if you are on the curb, but they ask you to stand for the fireworks.

I screwed up my post yet again - what I was saying is that we were scolded for standing up during the parade while on the curb. but yet no cast member told us that we had to sit. And this whole post is supposed to be about fireworks, so...I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
I screwed up my post yet again - what I was saying is that we were scolded for standing up during the parade while on the curb. but yet no cast member told us that we had to sit. And this whole post is supposed to be about fireworks, so...I'm an idiot.
At DLR, if your mom needs to stand for a parade, one way to do this with a good view is to find a spot behind a bench. You can sit, if necessary, until the parade starts, then stand behind the bench to watch the parade. The people on the bench remain seated, so no one should block your view. We just did this today in Town Square for the parade. Worked great.

The front row is supposed to sit for the parade (other than small children). This allows better views for everyone. Sometimes they’ll ask people up front to collapse or move (unused) strollers, too.

It’s pretty hard for CMs to get around and direct everything during a parade, but yeah - I wouldn’t “scold” anyone but I’d be bummed if the people in front stood when that’s not how it usually works.

The front row is supposed to sit for the parade (other than small children). This allows better views for everyone. Sometimes they’ll ask people up front to collapse or move (unused) strollers, too.

It’s pretty hard for CMs to get around and direct everything during a parade, but yeah - I wouldn’t “scold” anyone but I’d be bummed if the people in front stood when that’s not how it usually works.

I get it - actually, I was a little embarrassed - I didn't expect that my mom was going to be standing for the parade. She had been up and down during the time we were waiting, and it never occurred to me that she'd be "up" for the actual parade. What was I to do? I stood with her (she was in her 60's at the time) and defended her when the people behind us TOLD us to sit and she replied that she had a bad back and needed to stand. Just one instance that makes me hate the parades now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter