Fireworks on the July the 4th?

doriemg

Mouseketeer
First, I wanted to say hello to everyone. I've posted to the Parks forums in the past but this is my first post in the cruise forum. We just decided to take a cruise to Alaska in July 2013. I'm totally inexperienced when it comes to Disney's cruises so am hoping you all will be able to help us over the next year and 1/2 while we wait for our cruise. We're trying to figure out which week in July and was wondering if anyone has been on a Disney cruise during 4th of July. Do they have any special fireworks to celebrate? Also, are the fireworks a nightly event or just part of the Pirates party. And that brings up another question. Is the Pirate party on board ship a nightly thing or just certain evenings? Would appreciate any help anyone can give us. Thank you in advance.

First, I wanted to say hello to everyone. I've posted to the Parks forums in the past but this is my first post in the cruise forum. We just decided to take a cruise to Alaska in July 2013. I'm totally inexperienced when it comes to Disney's cruises so am hoping you all will be able to help us over the next year and 1/2 while we wait for our cruise. We're trying to figure out which week in July and was wondering if anyone has been on a Disney cruise during 4th of July. Do they have any special fireworks to celebrate? Also, are the fireworks a nightly event or just part of the Pirates party. And that brings up another question. Is the Pirate party on board ship a nightly thing or just certain evenings? Would appreciate any help anyone can give us. Thank you in advance.

Fireworks are only on pirate night. The pirate party is held once during the cruise . I'm pretty sure the Alaska sailings do not have fireworks however due to environmental concerns.

Welcome to the cruise forum! :dance3:

I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler for you, but they don't do the fireworks in Alaska due to the environment. :sad1:

If you do a cruise with DCL to another itinerary then the fireworks are just on the Pirate Night.
Also I'm sure I read that last July there were no special event's for the 4th of July either! :scared1:

Wow that sounds like a long list of No, No, No.
I'm so sorry about the answers, but there is so much more going on, and I'm sure you would still have a great time! :yay::goodvibes:yay:

Ex Techie :)

As sissy_ib said no fireworks in Alaska, partly because of the environmental reasons, partly because it doesn't get dark at that time of year until about 11pm.

That said, they do have a the Pirate Menu in the dining rooms, a pirate show and pirate activites (all indoors).

:cutie:

As sissy_ib said no fireworks in Alaska, partly because of the environmental reasons, partly because it doesn't get dark at that time of year until about 11pm.

That said, they do have a the Pirate Menu in the dining rooms, a pirate show and pirate activites (all indoors).

We didn't have the pirate menu on the 7/26 Alaska cruise. That may have been the Taste of Alaska menu, I can't be certain, but I do know that there was no pirate menu, no pirate uniforms worn by the servers and no pirate limbo parade in the dining room. We were surprised and didn't think it felt like pirate night in the dining room at all.

That part of Alaska has a pretty normal sunrise and sunset time that time of year. The no fireworks policy is due to the polution they cause (mostly noise).

We didn't witness any pirate activity on pirate night but our "pirate" night was our animators palate show night. We did get the pirate hankies and there were people all dressed in pirate attire and they did have the pirate show up on deck but we didn't go out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter