Fireworks - none on the calendar for next week?

cinderelly828

Mouseketeer
I just checked the Disneyland website to double check park hours and they're not showing any fireworks for next week. They're probably just updating something, yeah? (Fingers crossed!)

I had thought for sure they would have them on May the 4th....guess not. Bummer! Guess we'll have to catch what we can from outside the park this Sunday.

We will be there May 3-6. It was showing them on Friday and Saturday when I checked about a week ago.

I would also guess this means that the calendar is undergoing some kind of update/revision or is just experiencing a glitch of some sort. At this point, fireworks is usually only on the weekends (Fri-Sun, which was the case last weekend), but there aren't any shows listed at all (not even on Memorial Day weekend). I'd give it a few days to sort itself out and plan on fireworks being on Fri, Sat, and Sun nights only until Memorial Day weekend, after which they'll probably be nightly.

Its actually on Thursday but its Star Wars Day, the park is open till 11pm that day and was just hoping they might include fireworks as part of the special events that day.
Just a bit of wishful thinking I guess.

Its actually on Thursday but its Star Wars Day, the park is open till 11pm that day and was just hoping they might include fireworks as part of the special events that day.

I haven't heard of them doing anything special for "May the 4th." Doesn't mean they aren't just saying I haven't heard of anything. Have they in the past?

I am not really sure how long they have been doing it but from what I understand they have held special events, had exclusive merchandise....etc on that day (Star Wars Day) for the last couple of years.

I am not really sure how long they have been doing it but from what I understand they have held special events, had exclusive merchandise....etc on that day (Star Wars Day) for the last couple of years.

Didn't know this. I know that they did a big Star Wars weekend at WDW (not sure if it was on May the 4th).

They don't really do anything special besides the merchandise. One year they did a photo op with a backdrop and some toy lightsabers. Otherwise they just do normal stuff like send the Stormtroopers out to roam for a few minutes every hour and the overlay stuff and Launch Bay that are already there. It does get extremely crowded because people want to be there. But not because Disney does anything special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter