Fireworks Cruises - which is best?

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Hey there,

Thinking about a cruise in late May. We have kids ages 4 and 7. Do you have opinions on which cruise is better - Illuminations or MK Wishes?

Though the 4 year old hasn't been afraid of fireworks in the past I was wondering how close you are on the Illuminations? If it's REALLY loud it might scare her.

Thanks a lot!

i have not been on either, but just booked the wishes cruise for april because the illuminations cruise were booked, but i do know if you want to book the illumination cruise you have to book as soon as they open at 7 am exactlly 90 days out or they will be all gone. it seems like everyone wants the illumination cruise over the wishes cruise, maybe because the wishes cruise is so new, that people are afraid that it wont be as good as the ILL CR.

good luck:sunny:

We did the MK cruise 2 years ago and absolutly loved it...You are out in the middle of the lagoon, the lights on the castle are changing colors - it's absolutely 100% magic.

We do have an Illuminations cruise booked for April...while I am looking forward to it, I am afraid I will just judge it against the mk cruise.

So, relax, book the MK cruise if you can't get the Illuminations cruise, and enjoy!

Thanks!

Glad to know either is great and I'm going to use the calculator to find when to get on the phone first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the tips!

Originally posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel
Thinking about a cruise in late May. We have kids ages 4 and 7. Do you have opinions on which cruise is better - Illuminations or MK Wishes? Though the 4 year old hasn't been afraid of fireworks in the past I was wondering how close you are on the Illuminations? If it's REALLY loud it might scare her.
Thanks a lot!

I suggest a "Wishes" cruise.
The fireworks at IllumiNations are very up-close and personal!
Especially if you have reservations about the 4 year old.

The "Wishes" cruise is very beautiful.

For the Wishes cruise, can you hear the music and narration?

We could hear the music and narration when we went, but others report they couldn't, must depend on the wind. Even if you couldn't hear it would still be spectacular. I say this because I just watched it from the Poly last week and loved it. They seem so much bigger!! I'm not big on the Illuminations one, but know I am in a minority here. (Although I met a fellow non liker on the bus) So I would always choose the Wishes one. When you call you will have your choice of resorts to leave from. We left from the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter