• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finding places in the parks for AC breaks

harleyquinn

<font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th
Hi all!
We leave Wednesday for a 7 night stay. One thing I’ve been thinking a lot about is finding AC. I get overheated very easily. I’m a summer veteran, but I’m used to walking through stores or stopping in AC for snacks when it gets unbearable (we always are back at the resort in the afternoon).

Are there places where we’re still queuing to get into stores (not going to Disney Springs) or can you generally walk through as usual? Is Epcot particularly unbearable with Mousegears closed?

I plan to try and relax and take longer to eat than normal and am prepared to mobile order early. Any other tips or hidden gems for cooling off? I have all the stuff (fans, towels, clothes, etc) I‘m just really looking for places that are easily accessible with AC.
Thanks!

We visited in June. The single greatest thing you can do is have an ADR mid-day. It's guaranteed entry into some A/C for an extended period of time. It was a much needed cooling break for me.

You should also make a list of attractions that are generally easy to access and last more than a couple minutes (Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic and the like on the MK). Plan those routinely.

Not sure if the shops are still queuing to enter, but they were in June and it was frustrating at times.

We normally do rides in the morning, then have a lunch ADR around 1p.m. to cool off. After that, we hit all the indoor longer attractions that generally have no / short lines - and spend several hours going from one to the next, sitting in A/C. These are also good attractions for napping! :

-Philharmagic, Carousal of P, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents at MK
-Lion King, Tough to be a Bug, Nemo if it opens at AK
-Frozen sing-a-long, Disney Jr., Lightning McQueen at HS
-Canada, China, America, France shows at EP

By the time we are done these longer A/C attractions it's usually late afternoon. We sit in the A/C for a Quick Service supper, then enjoy the rides again in the cooler evening hours.

Google “best places to nurse/breastfeed at Disney” then just filter out the baby care center and you’ll have a great list of AC and shade options!
But yes. Mid day breaks. Doing meals at 1-3 pm. Taking a fan. Using electrolyte packets. All will help you stay temp regulated!

Thank you all! I think I’m just nervous, because my go to was always shops or a restaurant and I need to remember that I know which rides have all of that lovely AC. I really appreciate the helpful comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter