Finding out about new AP discounts

iujen94

DIS Veteran
We are new AP holders and wondering - how do you usually find out about new resort discounts? I know how to look up those discounts on the Disney website, but I'm wondering - do you get an email or some other notification when new dates/discounts are added, or so you just usually check the website every so often? Thanks!

I don't have AP, but everytime I hear about a discount for AP or Chase card holders, room only etc etc it's usually in an email from the DIS!! You may want to subscribe to their email news service, I believe it's called DIS Daily Updates.

We are new AP holders and wondering - how do you usually find out about new resort discounts? I know how to look up those discounts on the Disney website, but I'm wondering - do you get an email or some other notification when new dates/discounts are added, or so you just usually check the website every so often? Thanks!

First thing to know, Disney is not going to go out of their way to make sure you know a discount is available. APs are somewhat at the bottom of the list of people they want to sell rooms to. Once you get that, you'll be good!

As far as what I do...
  • Follow threads on here
  • Read up on Mousesavers and other sites so I know when to 'be paying attention.'
  • Follow Disney types on Twitter
I'm coming close to the end of the second year with APs and that's been my experience. Would love to know other 'tricks' as well.

(FWIW, we have loved our APs, totally hooked!)

First thing to know, Disney is not going to go out of their way to make sure you know a discount is available. APs are somewhat at the bottom of the list of people they want to sell rooms to. Once you get that, you'll be good!
We currently have Disneyland APs and we find out about the room discounts on their site or on the DIS, or through the DIS email, and usually a week later we will get an official email from DLR about it! So, yeah, not a top priority!

I normally find out about them here on the DIS or just by checking the web site. I'm known for changing my reservations two or three times before a trip so I'm always checking prices. Frankly, I've not found the AP discounts that much better than the general discounts very often.

We are AP/Fl resident pass holders. We find out about discounts from emails direct from Disney.

We are AP/Fl resident pass holders. We find out about discounts from emails direct from Disney.

Lucky. I have YET to get an AP email for ANYTHING this year. My husband gets emails, but I do not. He has also never received an AP discount email. I check the website every day for new offers...but last time, they weren't even published online, but you could book them over the phone. I also check here every day because I can't even rely on the WDW website being correct.

I usually get an email from Disney. Not always on the day they are released though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter