• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finding it difficult to decide between pop & pofq

married2mm

DIS Veteran
Planning ahead for April/May 2018
Party of 2 (Me-late 40's & dh 50)

We are celebrating our silver wedding anniversary this year and have a 1 bed at okw booked for late September.
Dh is concerned it will be a shock to the system to stay at a value following on from deluxe.

However he's happy to go along with whatever I decide.........With dissers assistance :chat:

Pofq! Beautiful resort. Added perk is the boat to Disney Springs, and evening entertainer. I haven't seen the guy at Pofq, but love Yeehaw Bobs show at Por.

If it were me, POFQ. There is a theme at both but think cartoony for Pop and more realistic at POFQ. Pop is also quite large compared to POFQ so more walking at Pop.

POFQ - no doubt
It's smaller and way more romantic. I've stayed at Pop three different times varying in crowd levels. The resort though was always loud and busy. And kids literally everywhere. I love kids, as I have four of them, but I'd rather stay somewhere with a more relaxed feel.

No doubt that POFQ is nicer than Pop, but you have to think about whether the bigger differences will matter to you.

Are you interested in going to Disney Springs during your trip? The boat from POFQ is lovely, but if you don't wish to go to DS, it's a perk you won't use.

Is a hot tub important to you? You'll get one at POFQ, but not at Pop.

Does a lounge with live entertainment mean anything to you? Something else you'll get at POFQ.

The rooms at Pop will be nearly brand spanking new next spring, and I bet they'll be really nice. IDK what, if any, renovations have or will be done at POFQ, but if there are only two of you, a slightly smaller room won't matter.

Moreover, I've stayed at Pop several times and always enjoyed relaxing at their pools. Whenever I've stayed there, I have requested a lake view room, 4th floor. Very peaceful up there. I liked Building 4 the best because you can see MK fireworks outside your door.

Good luck and happy anniversary. :)

POFQ still has two real beds (or a King). POP will now have one queen and a fold down bed that covers the table at night.

IDK which you would prefer, but omitting to consider.

POFQ still has two real beds (or a King). POP will now have one queen and a fold down bed that covers the table at night.

IDK which you would prefer, but omitting to consider.

I rather like the style of the newly furnished pop rooms.
We would only be using one bed-and as long as it's a double or larger-we ars fine with that.
I think it's more so the feel of the resort's dh is concerned with..
Obviously pofq is much smaller and has the moderate next step up facilities..
I'm not sure we'd even use though?!

For sure POFQ! Lots of cheer groups, senior trips, school groups.....stay at Pop during that timeframe.
POFQ is our favorite. Small, Compact, beautiful and peaceful-not crowded or chaotic at all. POFQ has a lovely more secluded hot tub too. You can walk along the river (beautiful stroll) to Riverside.

No doubt that POFQ is nicer than Pop, but you have to think about whether the bigger differences will matter to you.

Are you interested in going to Disney Springs during your trip? The boat from POFQ is lovely, but if you don't wish to go to DS, it's a perk you won't use.

Is a hot tub important to you? You'll get one at POFQ, but not at Pop.

Does a lounge with live entertainment mean anything to you? Something else you'll get at POFQ.

The rooms at Pop will be nearly brand spanking new next spring, and I bet they'll be really nice. IDK what, if any, renovations have or will be done at POFQ, but if there are only two of you, a slightly smaller room won't matter.

Moreover, I've stayed at Pop several times and always enjoyed relaxing at their pools. Whenever I've stayed there, I have requested a lake view room, 4th floor. Very peaceful up there. I liked Building 4 the best because you can see MK fireworks outside your door.

Good luck and happy anniversary. :)
POFQ is getting a soft good refurb starting later this year. :) I know you already decided OP, but for anyone else reading along, everything about Pop is loud. The buildings, the non existent landscaping, all the concrete, the people, the kids everywhere...I honestly didn't find Pop to be relaxing at all.

POFQ is quieter, MUCH smaller, has lush landscaping and is overall so much more relaxing.

POFQ is getting a soft good refurb starting later this year. :) I know you already decided OP, but for anyone else reading along, everything about Pop is loud. The buildings, the non existent landscaping, all the concrete, the people, the kids everywhere...I honestly didn't find Pop to be relaxing at all.

I'm kinda sensing that,lol

Yes-I'm really pleased with my decision.

Hoping to extend/rearrange dates so we'll actually be in wdw for my birthday.

Personally, I think POFQ is a good choice! We recently...as in last weekend...stayed for two nights at Pop before moving on to another resort. My kids (boys, ages 10 and 12) did not like Pop much at all. They found it too over the top, and though my oldest thought the rooms were cozy, they both said after a few nights that the rooms were much to small for three of us.

We agreed we'd stay there again for a few nights, if, like this time, our time there was spent mostly in the parks (we arrived Saturday night and spent most of Sunday between Epcot and the Studios). Pop was clean, the beds comfy (if small) and the food court was pretty good. But we were ready to move on after two nights. And this was during a slow week without high school groups!

POR/POFQ is just so much more relaxing, IMO. I'd stay there again without hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter