Festival of the Lion King

chiburple

DIS Veteran
How far in advance do I need to show up for Festival of the Lion King? Can I show up 10 min before the show starts? It's a crowded day (8 on the crowd calendar).

It's a small venue and while I've never sat in the back rows, I can't imagine it's much less of an experience. If you value other park time over being in one of the first few rows, then 10 minutes before is fine (though I have not done this on super crowded days).

I actually show up early so I can sit in the back row. I hate sitting on bleachers so being in the back row and able to have back support against the bars up there is heavenly and makes the show so much more enjoyable.

You can usually get in by showing up 5-10 min early, but I personally prefer to get there around 30 min prior.

If you have a fastpass, beware if you are claustrophobic. Fastpass return time was 10:30 to 10:45. I believe show was 11:00. Numerous announcements to fill in every available space, including corners. It was difficult for me. I got a good seat, but wasn't worth the unpleasant wait.

For our last trip, we rolled in right as they were closing the doors and they were assigning the sections animals. We were seated high but still had an amazing view! This was on a lower crowd day - like a 3, though. For this trip, we will shoot for arriving 10-15 min early.

I've sat both closer with Fastpass and higher up walking in at the last minute. I've not had a bad view. On crowded days they do seem to be squeezing people in up until the show starts, but we also tend to go to the earliest show of the day. So it could depend on what time the show is as to when they are at capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter