Ferrytale Dessert Party - Any recent experience?

cuchu2005

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Sorry, I posted this query in the general restaurant forum. Now I realise that this one is specific for reviews.

We are going back to WDW after a 2 year pause. Our dates: Nov-27 to Dec-10.

We'll be there for my wife's bday and for that day I got reservations for the Dessert Cruise.

Would love to hear about recent experiences you wish to share.

Our 6 & 11 y.o. DDs are coming with us.

Thanks in advance!!

Mx

My wife and I will be there for the cruise the end of this month. I'll update my experience to you.

Ok, here is my review for "Ferrytale Wishes" dessert cruise. If your coming from a day at Magic Kingdom , just take the TTC ferry over to the TTC landing and the Dessert cruise boat will be there ready to go. We left Magic Kingdom at 7:15 pm and arrived with plenty to time to go to the restroom (which is directly on the left of checkin). You cannot miss the checkin area with colorful flashy lights and a big sign. After entering the waiting area you will be asked to take a life preserver (aka flashy necklace) and you will be given a non alcoholic drink in a led lit flute. After you drink the flute you can keep it out to use on the boat or put it away ( the flute will fit into the special cruise plate given upon boarding the ferry) or just use the disposable cups on board. While waiting cast members have hula hoops and sideway chalk to help keep children occupied. You will start to board at 8:00 pm , so a line will form 5 mins before. We just sat and waited to be one of the last few to board ( only around 75 people showed for our cruise)
Upon boarding the boat, sit on the right side when you board the ferry.thats the side you watch "Wishes", so it's best to claim the upstairs right side when boarding. We started with dessert immediately upon boarding and it was always refilled promptly, so down worry if you missed any desserts. The drinks are all downstairs and best to get last. Disney photo pass photographer was onboard to help capture your memories. We asked to have our picture to be taken with the castle in the back ground. He also took pictures while "Wishes" was on to capture the fireworks in your pictures too. You will have a good 45 minutes to enjoy the drinks and desserts. Bags were given to everyone to store your plates and drink cups if you desire. After the fireworks it was like 5 mins to the dock and they passed out ice cream pops and sandwiches in case you weren't full. They also gave out Disney balloons disembarking the ferry.
Truthfully it's not a great deal for the price you pay, but it's a great birthday , anniversary, or a engagement thing ,as you do not need a park ticket to do this!
I did have a negative experience on my Ferrytales cruise and complained to the Manager Alix after the ferry cruise. During "Wishes" we had NO music to "Wishes" on board and it just wasn't the same or right. The synchronized fireworks and music is what makes "Wishes" great. Alix said their antenna was not receiving the signal and they needed someone to check the equipment after, but it's too late as my cruise and vacation is over! Smh
He took my name down and said they will take care of me , but still the time wasted and experience lost, as I have no other night to see "Wishes" was a downer. So I hope this never happens anyone else! Hope everyone else's Cruise is flawless! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter