Ferb, I know What We're Going to Do Today! - Updated 9/30

Woo hoo for a mini-vacation to Disney!!! :banana:

I love tacky, kitschy, touristy stuff, too, so whatever it says about you, it's saying the same thing about me. :lmao:

I'm so happy to be going to Disney again. :banana: When I got home in December I was telling myself I needed a Disney break, but as soon as the oppourtunity came up I jumped all over it. I guess I didn't need a break that badly. :)

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I just was about to post asking about your new ticker! How wonderful! It is so funny how everyone with an AP ends up going much more often than originally planned... :rotfl:

:woohoo: for the bonus as well! Besides the money side I think it is always also a great way of feeling appreciated by your employer!

It worked out perfectly. If I didn't have the AP I would have never thought to add on the extra days. This way all I really have to pay for is the airfare and the food. My folks told me they'd cover the room. I think my dad is excited that he'll have someone to go on the rides with. ;)

Great Animal Kingdom pictures, especially the tree! I took many photos of it as well. We rode EE for the first time this year and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I think it was the backwards part! I can't believe you had your hands in the air and not hanging out for dear life. LOL!! ;)

I think AK is the most photogenic park. I took more there than anywhere else.

When I was a kid I was the biggest ride wuss out there. I didn't even want to ride the carousel horses that went up and down. :lmao: I got dragged on a few "big" rides by my brother and a guy I liked when I was about 12 or so and became a convert. Now I'll pretty much try anything. The only ride I can't stomach are those spider/octopus rides at carnivals. :sick:

I'm actually better if I'm going backwards and can't see where I'm going. :)

After Dinoland we headed back to Everest to use our FastPasses before heading over to Asia to see some tigers.

3AsiaTrailP_opt.jpg

I just love the signs around AK!

3AsiaSignsB_opt.jpg

3AsiaSignsC_opt.jpg

3AsiaSigns_opt.jpg

The weather at the Animal Kingdom on our second day, was much like our arrival day. Cool and damp, just a little less so on both counts than our first day. Normally when I visit the Animal Kingdom the only tiger I see on the Asian trail is this one -
3AsiaTrailF_opt.jpg

With the cooler temps, the tigers were out and actually active. One of them was playing around the fountain while we were watching. We spent a lot of time just hanging back and watching the tigers. It was fairly crowded around the windows, but people were actually being courteous and giving everyone a turn up close to the glass.
3AsiaTraild_opt.jpg

3AsiaTrailE_opt.jpg

3AsiaTrailI_opt.jpg

I love the Asian trail because of the detailing and scenery.
3AsiaTrailJ_opt.jpg

I love the prayer flags they have hanging around. I wanted to buy some and bring them home with me, but forgot. It's probably a good thing, as I live in a second floor condo and have no where to put them.
3AsiaTrailM_opt.jpg

Tigers weren't the only ones out and about enjoying cooler temps. These two looked like they were going to get a bit "friendly" for awhile.
3AsiaTrailL_opt.jpg

Unfortunately not everyone loved the cool day. The aviary seemed practically empty. All the birds were off hiding trying to keep warm I guess. All the pretty birdhouses were empty.
3AsiaTrailO_opt.jpg

The only birds brave enough to hang around in that weather were the ducks. At least they were much prettier ducks than I see at home on the town duckpond.
3AsiaTrailN_opt.jpg

At the end of the trail we realized the Flights of Wonder show was about to start, so we decieded to go and see the show checking out some of the few Christmas decorations around Animal Kingdom.
3SignsChristmasFish_opt.jpg

For anyone who hasn't seen the Flights of Wonder show I highly recommend it. It was wonderful. Very informative, and really entertaining. At the end of the show they bring out a beautiful bald eagle. I think I'll call him Sam.
4FlightsEagle_opt.jpg

We even found some hidden Mickeys in the stone stage.
4FlightsHidMickey_opt.jpg

By the time the show was over, we were both getting pretty hungry so we headed out to lunch. On the way we ran across Divine. My BFF had never seen her before and really enjoyed it. Sorry about the bad shots here. By the time I thought to take out my camera she had completely wrapped herself around a tree.

5DivineB_opt.jpg

5Divinea_opt.jpg

It's just amazing. If you hadn't seen her climb into the growth along the paths you would never know she was there would you?

I don't plan my counter service lunches in the parks. I always play it by ear, and whatever looks good that day I'll go with. My only exception to this is my AK day. Counter service at AK is always at the Flame Tree BBQ. I love the seating area, nestled along side the river on the windy paths. I've never been able to snag a seat near the river, but I usually end up along side the fountain amid the ducks.

The reason for my Flame Tree love isn't the BBQ. It's the fruit plate that garners my undying love and devotion.

6FlameFruit_opt.jpg

So good. They give you plenty, and they also give you a cup of honey yogurt for dipping. It's my favorite CS meal on a hot day at the AK. It was pretty good on a cool day too. I don’t know why there aren't any other CS locations that offer something similar. I find it a perfect light lunch.

For some reason though I had a craving for onion rings, so my friend and I split an order. They were so good! Yum!

6FlameOrings_opt.jpg

I don't usually do dessert at lunch when I'm not on the meal plan, but one of the options here was Key Lime mousse. I heart key lime anything so I had to endulge a bit. (I felt justified. I did have a fruit plate didn't I?)
6FlameLime_opt.jpg

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for the extra bonus trip. that is so awesome. I am going to come back and read your update when I can see the pics. I am staying late at work and am getting tired of looking at words with no visuals!

I am a sucker for all that signage around Animal Kingdom as well! I have more shots of signs in all the different areas than any other type of photo! :lmao:

The tigers were extremely active and you were able to get some great shots of them! Well done!

Your lunch at Flame Tree looks great especially those onion rings and key lime mousse! Mmmmm!

First, congrats on the mini trip!

Second, the update.

That tiger looks so sweet, and so up close! I think they're beautiful creatures.

I would love that fruit plate right now. It looks so yummy. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for the extra bonus trip. that is so awesome. I am going to come back and read your update when I can see the pics. I am staying late at work and am getting tired of looking at words with no visuals!

This trip came up so suddenly. Luckily all the plans are coming together so easily.

I am a sucker for all that signage around Animal Kingdom as well! I have more shots of signs in all the different areas than any other type of photo! :lmao:

The tigers were extremely active and you were able to get some great shots of them! Well done!

Your lunch at Flame Tree looks great especially those onion rings and key lime mousse! Mmmmm!

The mousse was yummy. Not quite as good as the key lime pastry at the Sunshine Seasons in Epcot but pretty good.

I love taking pictures of the signs too. My favorite subject is still to come though. :)

First, congrats on the mini trip!

Second, the update.

That tiger looks so sweet, and so up close! I think they're beautiful creatures.

I would love that fruit plate right now. It looks so yummy. :goodvibes

Thanks. I'm amazed at how easy it has been to make plans for this trip. Maybe I need to plan all my trips at the last minute.

I loved seeing the tigers so close. The one at the fountain came up so close!

more wonderful AK pictures! I have only ever seen the tigers sleeping, but you actually saw them walking around, that's great!! :thumbsup2

I think it is intersting what you wrote about how you came to love thrill rides. I was very similar. It was my sister who got me on those thrill rides in the first place. And I loved the Space Mountains as they were in the dark - if I don't see where I am going, I feel much more relaxed about my ride! DLP's Space Mountain got me to enjoy inversions on coasters that way! :goodvibes

Thanks. I'm amazed at how easy it has been to make plans for this trip. Maybe I need to plan all my trips at the last minute.

I loved seeing the tigers so close. The one at the fountain came up so close!

Well, I'm definitely a fan of the last minute trip. ;)

My one true wish is to catch DeVine on our trip!! To me she just embodies grace and beauty!!

We too, ordered a lust-inducing fruit plate! So yummy, and the yogurt really makes it just a perfect munchable for AK!

We were going to ride It's a Small World, but the post wait time was an hour. An Hour for It's a Small World!!!!!

Yikes, that's crazy! :eek:

Yes, in a little over a month I'll be heading to Disney for a spur of the moment vacation!!!

Disney AND a visit with your grandmother! Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

I love the tigers! :love:

I love the prayer flags they have hanging around. I wanted to buy some and bring them home with me, but forgot. It's probably a good thing, as I live in a second floor condo and have no where to put them.

Do you have a balcony you could hang them from?

more wonderful AK pictures! I have only ever seen the tigers sleeping, but you actually saw them walking around, that's great!! :thumbsup2

I think it is intersting what you wrote about how you came to love thrill rides. I was very similar. It was my sister who got me on those thrill rides in the first place. And I loved the Space Mountains as they were in the dark - if I don't see where I am going, I feel much more relaxed about my ride! DLP's Space Mountain got me to enjoy inversions on coasters that way! :goodvibes

I had to laugh a little at this. Space Mountain was actually the ride that scared me off of the bigger rides for years. I rode it the first time when I was about 8 years old with my aunt. At that time the seating was a bit different. Two people would straddle one bench style seat, so the smaller person actually sat between the bigger one's legs. There must not have been a restraining device, because on the first hill I slid off the seat and rode the rest of the ride on the floor of the vehicle. Scared me out of my mind.

For years I wouldn't go near practically any ride. When my father and brother would ride Space Mountain, I'd ride "If You Had Wings" over and over again with my mother.

The ride that brought me back to thrill rides was a wooden rollercoaster called the Cyclone at Riverside Park. I loved it so I tried a simple one loop coaster and before I knew it I was a thrill ride junkie. Never underestimate the power of a pre-teen girl trying to impress a boy. :laughing:

Well, I'm definitely a fan of the last minute trip. ;)

I was thinking of you while making my last minute plans.:)

My one true wish is to catch DeVine on our trip!! To me she just embodies grace and beauty!!

We too, ordered a lust-inducing fruit plate! So yummy, and the yogurt really makes it just a perfect munchable for AK!

DeVine is one of my favorite things about AK. It's such a unique, beautiful little touch in the park. I could watch for hours.

I actually got to enjoy the fruit plate all to myself this time which was great. Normally my nieces are always walking away with all the good stuff.

Disney AND a visit with your grandmother! Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

She has no idea I'm coming. I can't wait to surprise her. She's been asking for me to come for awhile now, and I hated that I couldn't afford it. I'm looking forward to seeing all my family down there. We grew up really close to each other, and I never realize how much I miss them until we are together again and fall into old habits in seconds.

Do you have a balcony you could hang them from?

I do, but I'd have to hang them really low and discreetly if I bought them. We really aren't technically allowed to hang anything off our decks. My deck is pretty much in full view of a main area of the complex so it would be pretty hard to hide. Which is not to say I'm not comtemplating it! :)

The ride that brought me back to thrill rides was a wooden rollercoaster called the Cyclone at Riverside Park. I loved it so I tried a simple one loop coaster and before I knew it I was a thrill ride junkie. Never underestimate the power of a pre-teen girl trying to impress a boy. :laughing:

Ah...the "Loop Coaster" the lamest roller coaster in the history of roller coasters. (One loop down, one loop back. Rinse. Repeat.) The Cyclone was (and still is, as it is still there) an awesome ride though. Bet we were there at Riverside at the same time 20 years ago! I had a season pass for many years, grew up not 5 miles from the park. I keep saying someday I have to bring my Daughter there, and see what remnants of the old days remain. Not til she's old enough for the Cyclone though!

That's awesome that you get a bonus trip! You should've bought an AP like us! Our bonus AP trip is just 3 months away, it's kind of amazing to think of going back so quickly...no post trip let-down!

Ok, all caught up! :goodvibes

re: Spectro
I LOVED it. I have never seen it before, but I was bound & determined to see it from a decent spot. And argh! to all the alte-comers who push their kids in. Can't stand it. I sigh & breathe. I deliberately stood next to a lamp post to avoid all that/ It semi-did the job. But, ooohhh, Spectro was the coolest! :thumbsup2

re: The Plaza
I ate here solo & it was awesome. I do believe I had the cheesesteak. However, they were 30 min late in seating me, but I listened to the Dapper Dans, whom I've never seen before and listened to the castle show. So, all was good. :thumbsup2 I would happily go back.

re: AK - Sun
I went Sunday too! I wonder if we passed each other? LOL
I think Divine is great! I didn't see her this trip, but I have in the past.

I ate at Yak & Yeti - it was delightful! The food was really good.

re: rollercoasters
Nope, won't do them. I have a horrible irrational fear of high open rides. I feel completely unsecure. I did try Rock n rollercoaster since I was strapped in and I hated it. It was the only ride I was very nearly sick afterward.
However, this fear does help me with touring plans. :thumbsup2

re: mini-trip
YAY! for the mini-trip!! :yay:
I always try to tie-in with family visits. Well, for 2009 anyways. I only started going to Disney in 2009; I go down to FL a few times a year for my fam and now they have to wait until after my Disney-ness is done before they get a visit. Disney has been without me long enough. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to more! popcorn::

I had to laugh a little at this. Space Mountain was actually the ride that scared me off of the bigger rides for years. I rode it the first time when I was about 8 years old with my aunt. At that time the seating was a bit different. Two people would straddle one bench style seat, so the smaller person actually sat between the bigger one's legs. There must not have been a restraining device, because on the first hill I slid off the seat and rode the rest of the ride on the floor of the vehicle. Scared me out of my mind.

For years I wouldn't go near practically any ride. When my father and brother would ride Space Mountain, I'd ride "If You Had Wings" over and over again with my mother.

It's funny: this Cyclone is the coaster which nearly made me never go on a roller-coaster again!! When Katharina and I were in the US in 1992 we visited family friends in Massachussetts and they took us to Riverside park (I still have the ticket from there in my photo album) and on this wooded coaster: I absolutely hated it!! The same trip took us to DL and the Matterhorn was the right way to get me started on coasters again if my 50 year old aunt would want to go on it, it couldn't be too bad! :lmao:

Great photos! I noticed ridiculously large crowds this past weekend, too. Every other year I have been in January, it was practically deserted. I wonder what's up with major crowds all of a sudden. :confused:

Ah...the "Loop Coaster" the lamest roller coaster in the history of roller coasters. (One loop down, one loop back. Rinse. Repeat.) The Cyclone was (and still is, as it is still there) an awesome ride though. Bet we were there at Riverside at the same time 20 years ago! I had a season pass for many years, grew up not 5 miles from the park. I keep saying someday I have to bring my Daughter there, and see what remnants of the old days remain. Not til she's old enough for the Cyclone though!

That's awesome that you get a bonus trip! You should've bought an AP like us! Our bonus AP trip is just 3 months away, it's kind of amazing to think of going back so quickly...no post trip let-down!

That's exactly the loop coaster I did, and you had to climb the steps all the way to the top just to ride it. Was it called the Thunderbolt? That may be what they called it at Great Adventure. That first hill on the Cyclone will always have a special place in my heart.

I did get an AP in December since I knew I'd be going back in October.

re: Spectro
I LOVED it. I have never seen it before, but I was bound & determined to see it from a decent spot. And argh! to all the alte-comers who push their kids in. Can't stand it. I sigh & breathe. I deliberately stood next to a lamp post to avoid all that/ It semi-did the job. But, ooohhh, Spectro was the coolest! :thumbsup2

We waited way too long to get a good spot with the crowds that were there that night, so I was happy with got a pretty good spot. I hate the crowds though.

I went Sunday too! I wonder if we passed each other? LOL
I think Divine is great! I didn't see her this trip, but I have in the past.

I ate at Yak & Yeti - it was delightful! The food was really good.

Maybe! I haven't tried Yak & Yeti yet. I always do Boma on my AK nights and never want to try anything new.

re: rollercoasters
Nope, won't do them. I have a horrible irrational fear of high open rides. I feel completely unsecure. I did try Rock n rollercoaster since I was strapped in and I hated it. It was the only ride I was very nearly sick afterward.
However, this fear does help me with touring plans. :thumbsup2

I have no problem with being up high, but I do have problems looking up at high buildings. I get very discombobulated and dizzy and feel like I'm going to have to fall over. Makes working in NYC fun. I just have to be like a true New Yorker and never look up. :lmao:

re: mini-trip
YAY! for the mini-trip!! :yay:
I always try to tie-in with family visits. Well, for 2009 anyways. I only started going to Disney in 2009; I go down to FL a few times a year for my fam and now they have to wait until after my Disney-ness is done before they get a visit. Disney has been without me long enough. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to more! popcorn::

I should start that. My family is about an hour and a half south of Orlando - not far at all, and it's just as easy for me to fly home from West Palm Beach.

It's funny: this Cyclone is the coaster which nearly made me never go on a roller-coaster again!! When Katharina and I were in the US in 1992 we visited family friends in Massachussetts and they took us to Riverside park (I still have the ticket from there in my photo album) and on this wooded coaster: I absolutely hated it!! The same trip took us to DL and the Matterhorn was the right way to get me started on coasters again if my 50 year old aunt would want to go on it, it couldn't be too bad! :lmao:

I think 1992 was about the last time I was at Riverside. Too funny how our thrill ride issues are tied to the same rides. :) One of these days I'm going to make it out to DL. I really want to try all the rides that WDW doesn't have.

Great photos! I noticed ridiculously large crowds this past weekend, too. Every other year I have been in January, it was practically deserted. I wonder what's up with major crowds all of a sudden. :confused:

I'm hoping the crowds are a little less on my next trip. It will make it a bit easier on my parents walking around. My father tore the meniscus in his knee while on our last family vacation and is going through therapy for it right now. He's going to have to take it slow. I'd really like less crowds to help out a bit.

I don't think I realized how many pictures I took on the first few days until I started to upload them. I had to laugh at myself a few times, as I was taking pictures thinking specifically that I'd be using them for trip reports. :lmao: Do other Disers do that?

After filling our bellies at Flame Tree, we headed over to pick up fastpasses for the safari. My friend was getting really anxious to catch the Bugs Life show. As we were walking by a show was about to start. Of course by the time we made it down to the theater (the line was empty) the show had already started and we had to wait for the next one to go in. No matter. It gave me time to wander around the lobby area.

As a theater lover I really got a kick out of the posters around the waiting area -

7BugsFairLadybug_opt.jpg

7BugsWebSide_opt.jpg

8BugsHoppers_opt.jpg

I'd never really noticed them before, but they were all tied to the bugs in the movie. Cute!

After checking the show times for Nemo and Festival of the Lion King we realized that we were only going to be able to catch one show. Luckily we were in agreement, and we both wanted to see FotLK. Lion King is hands down my favorite show at Disney, and my last trip I was pretty upset that I had to miss it for the Nemo show.

9CampSign_opt.jpg

As we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey we checked out some of the Christmas decorations along the way. I loved all the character trees.

The nemo tree was one of my favorites.
8NemoTree_opt.jpg

8NemoOrnaments_opt.jpg

I thought I had taken pictures of the Simba tree that Pete had taken pictures of, but looking at this one it has bears all over it. I'm not sure whose tree this one was, but I liked it. :thumbsup2
9CampTree_opt.jpg

10HarambeSign_opt.jpg

After the show we headed over to use our safari fastpasses. What follows will probably be the least amount of pictures taken on the safari you'll ever see on the disboards.

10HarambeSafariC_opt.jpg

10HarambeSafariA_opt.jpg

Yep, two pics. Honestly, my camera takes the worst pictures on the safari. I've tried a few times, but it's always too bumpy and my point and shoot camera always ends up with blurred messes. I've given up. I'll live my Disney safari life vicariously through other Disers, but I'm sitting back from now on and just enjoying the ride. :)

It was really turning out to be an easy, relaxing day.

Thanks for the picture of the fruit plate....Liam would love that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter