Fellow Canadian DVC'ers, How do you pay your dues?

imatroll

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we just bought into a DVC on our latest trip to Disney and I was just curious as to how your pay your annual dues?Did you open a U.S bank account or do you just have it come off your credit card?Thanks for the info
Jackie

I buy a Canada Savings bond each year and then I put the dues on my credit card. When my cc statement comes in, I cash the bond and pay it. Works for me!

Good thread- I am curious what other people do.

louise

Usually do the credit card thing in January. It works ok, although it might be nice to be able to spread it over the year.

One year I rented my points out and collected US dollars, so used that money to pay the dues.

The good thing about one lump sum is that once it's paid you don't have to think about it again for 12 months.

We also use the credit card in January. But I take our annual dues, convert to Canadian Dollars, and divide by 12 to arrive at a "monthly" payment. Each month we transfer over that amount to a separate "DVC" bank account and then use that to pay off the credit card bill, usually online before the paper statement gets mailed to us.

This gives us the advantage of a monthly payment plus we get Air Miles on the credit card.

- Mike

We also use a credit card and collect points.

I always get annoyed by the premium that c.c. companies put on the exchange rate - but that's life in high finance!

jeff

Hi all.

I just send a cashier check (it is like cash) once a year, in american funds.

My bank just charge me $7.00 to do the check and I pay them in canadian dollars

alexx (less than two weeks)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter