Feeling down.....

mowsie dreamer

<font color=blue>100 Days <font color=red>Cheat Fr
After doing so well the first few weeks, this past week I have really lost focus. I have been under so much stress at work, that I haven't been doing the things I should. I haven't been journaling (and as a result not watching my points carefully enough), exercising or drinking enough water. I KNOW that I SHOULD be doing these things, but I just can't muster up the gumption to do them. I am feeling so down right now and disappointed in myself. Any advice or tips on how to get yourself re-motivated?

I think I need I need some cheese (low-fat, of course) to go with my whine.

It's ok to feel down. The key is to not stay there, try to refocus and regroup your thoughts. A good night's sleep is the key! When you go to bed tonight, tell yourself that all is forgiven and that tomorrow is a brand spanking new fresh day!!! :) Everything will be better tomorrow and you will stop worrying and take control once again. You will make YOU the number on priority in your day and you will HONOR yourself by journaling, making healthy food choices, drinking water, and exercising!

Work stress, family stress, annoying neighbor stress, any stress, is yucky! Letting it throw you off your healthy eating program is in the past, now things are different! :) You control what you put into your mouth, you decide how to react to the stress. So give yourself a small challenge and make it through the next few days on your plan, make the time to journal and measure and count points and in a few more days you will be feeling on top of the world and happy again!!!

Good luck!!! :) I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you what you did right...you came here.!! We can't make your stress go away...but we can take your mind off of it for a while. So stay here and read the posts...and if you need to be lifted tomorrow...check back.

I like to exercise...(did I just say that). That is how I relieve some of my stress. No one can bother me when I am out skating...I have my headphones on and no kids or phones to bother with.

Hang in there!!

Tracy

We all have days when we feel like that, sweetie. Why don't you go to chat? Luvinit is in there by herself waiting for the rest of us to show up at 9PM.

Come to chat and we'll help you brain storm, okay?

You hvae lots of support and empathy here! I've had my down moments as anyone can attest to. But your coming here and posting will eally help you to aleviat some of that stress and bad feeling about yourself. This is a wonderful place to get replenished when you're all but empty!

Just take a deep breath! Get in the tub and put on some realxing music and dream. think about pleasant things that will make you feel better about you an dyour situation. I think a lot about how lucky I am that I have found this board and the poeple herethta help me get through these times! EVERYONE stumbles at one time or another- they just get back up and start walking again- and that is what youhvae to do. WHat done is done- nothing you can to to change what is already done- but you CAN change what is going to happen. Isn't that great! You can't controle what happens around you, but you can control how you react to it! You TOTALLY have the power to make this happen for you- and we all know you can do it!

Mowsie , you are definetely not alone here , I feel myself lately that I have somewhat fallen off the waggon, I have not lost any weight since I grabbed my clippie , but I don't follow any specific diet, I just eat sensibly and exercise a bit more. The last two weeks have been kind of difficult to follow, there have been lots of functions in school that I have helped out with, picnics, field days , field trips, graduations, end of year dinners, but I am happy to report that I may not have lost any additional weight, but I have not gained any either, that to me is a thrill !
I have not been able to exercise as much as I would have liked because the weather hasn't really been that great , I know this is not an excuse not to do anything , but I'm not the kind of person who will exercise at home too much, I need to be outside.
It's ok to feel down , I think it's actually good , then you get to stop , re-gather your thoughts and keep going, otherwise I think it would become too monotonous, do I make sense?
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

The best suggestion I can give is to pick some form of exercise and do it consistently. I have to get my walking over EARLY in the morning- (I leave at 5:50 am and am back by 7am)- that way it's OVER- I don't have to dread having to do it at the end of a long tiring day- and if you're trying to lose weight doing an hour of exercise at a time will get you farther faster. I wouldn't even worry about "dieting"- just concentrate on getting into a groove with your exercise and soon you'll realize you crave better foods and have more energy and are able to handle the stress life throws at ya because you're not so focused on it. Once you've got some good exercise habits then try to work on eating better for a stronger you!
Little reminders...
1. Measure yourself with a tape measure- exercise will build muscle but shrinks your size!
2. Set a weekly goal- stick to it for 2-3 weeks then increase it.
3. Drink lots of water- all that caffeine/and/or sugar in some beverages can wreak havoc on your system.
4. And do you have a PM buddy? Mine really help me out in a pinch!
5. Make a list of all the positives in your life if you get in shape- they far outweigh the positives of letting the stress get to you!

You'll do great and you've got lots of us rooting for ya!! And I can't stick to a diet consistently- so if I have a day where I want something normally off limits- I just have it- and I don't beat myself up about it- but I have found I want it less and I don't feel as good as I thought I would after I've indulged- but hey- tomorrow's another day!!!
Tara

YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can! Maybe joining Vija on her 'cheat free star' challenge would help to give you the jump start to success. I'm sure she would welcome the company. The star challenge has inspired Vija to go 15 days cheat free already --- and she is shooting for 100+. The higher number star she earns, the harder it is for her to justify a 'cheat' for fear of losing it. This challenge has really kept her on track.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
I'm hoping you are feeling better today!
:D

Thank you all so much for your support. I guess I was just having a big ole pity party last night. The last week or so at work has just been one thing after another and I guess I just let it get to me. Also, it's almost TOM and you know how THAT is. Everything just seemed to come together at the wrong time.

Karen-You are right. A good night's sleep has helped a lot--I even turned in early for a change. A challenge sounds like a good idea. I hereby challenge myself to stick to my plan, exercise, drink my water & journal. I think I will start a journal page. Maybe that will help.

Kath-sorry I didn't make it to chat. I have never tried chat before (I am somewhat technologically challenged) but I am going to try to download the right program and do this. It sounds like fun. :D

Olga-You make perfect sense. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but I guess that being down IS kind of good in a way. I guess that reflection does us good every now and then.

Tracy- You LIKE to exercise!!!:eek: ;) Well, I promise I will get to the liking stage, too, one of these days. I just got one of the WATP tapes and I am going to try it tonight.

Karebear-you are so right about how lucky we are to have this board and all our friends on it. I don't know how I could do this without all of you wonderful people picking me up when I fall!

Tara-When I started thinking about all the positive things I have accomplished already through dieting, I was really surprised. I hadn't taken the time to sit down and reflect! Also, I know what you mean about not liking things as much and not feeling as good as you thought when you indulge in something you shouldn't. That's a very positive thing, because it means my attitude is changing!:)

Jody-that's a great idea!:D I think having the visual proof of my efforts would really help!

Thanks again to ALL of you for picking me up off the ground and setting me back on my feet! Now where's that wagon? I've got to make a run for it!

Such wonderful suggestions by everyone. I just wanted to add my support.

God bless you, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter