Feeding dolphins/Blue Horizon question

LiamandMaeve

Mouseketeer
Hi there.

We will be down at SW at the end of August (around the 22nd) and I'm having difficulty with our planning. We plan on getting there early and feeding the dolphins at 9:30. Blue Horizon starts at 10:00. I believe the theater area is next to the dolphin feeding. Will we be able to see this 10:00 show? Mostly wondering if it will fill to capacity, or maybe if we'll have trouble finding a seat, and also don't want to rush the dolphin feeding experience for the kids. We're new to SW so please excuse us if this a silly question! Branching out from Disney is so much harder than expected! :confused3

Thanks!

That's what we did. We were done with the dolphin feeding by 9:40... our dolphins were hungry little things! They were kicking people out by 9:45 (we could hear them). Both stadiums are fairly close to each other.

Once we got to Blue Horizons, the stadium was almost full though. It didn't matter to us because we like the splash zone and that was almost all empty! I think that if you move fast and don't expect prime viewing spot, you can do it.

Is the first dolphin feeding always at 9.30 and no earlier?

Yes, 9:30. The park opens at 9am and it's good to get there by around 9:15 or 9:20 to line up as the staff person has a counter and cuts the line at a certain number of people who will participate though I'm not sure what that number is.

zaz said:
That's what we did. We were done with the dolphin feeding by 9:40... our dolphins were hungry little things! They were kicking people out by 9:45 (we could hear them). Both stadiums are fairly close to each other.

Once we got to Blue Horizons, the stadium was almost full though. It didn't matter to us because we like the splash zone and that was almost all empty! I think that if you move fast and don't expect prime viewing spot, you can do it.

Thank you for the advice! I know we'll be cutting it close. I'll just have to have a contingency plan if it doesn't work out.

I haven't been to SeaWorld for a couple of years, but I loved seeing Blue Horizons and the pilot whales that performed there. I remember hearing about the death of a pilot whale at SWO in the past year or so, and I believe another had already died a while before that one. Can anyone tell me how this impacts the current show? Are there other pilot whales there or has that segment been altered?

I haven't been to SeaWorld for a couple of years, but I loved seeing Blue Horizons and the pilot whales that performed there. I remember hearing about the death of a pilot whale at SWO in the past year or so, and I believe another had already died a while before that one. Can anyone tell me how this impacts the current show? Are there other pilot whales there or has that segment been altered?

As of the summer there wasn't a whale in Blue Horizon and I just noticed this summer that they have changed the signs to "dolphin theater" instead of "whale and dolphin theater". I can't say for sure what's changed about the show, all I've noticed is that the whale was missing, I don't know for sure how the show changed. They have dolphins over in the pool on the right where they used to have the pilot whale.

I don't know how true it is but I did hear from a Sea World team member that was standing at the underwater viewing window at Shamu staduium that they do have a whale (or maybe whales? i don't remember) that they are working with now for the show, who knows how long it'll be before the whale is trained and in the show though.

Thanks Jamie. Does anyone know if the segment of the show where the whale(s) used to be featured is now being presented in some other way (with dolphins or other actors perhaps) or was that music/scene cut out?

Thank you Krystalynn. I've been trying to find this out. I'm happy to know the scene is still included even without the pilot whale(s). I was afraid they'd cut it completely somehow. I hope they manage to reintroduce animals into that scene in the future however. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter