Feedback on our ADR Plans :)

CaroM8

Earning My Ears
Hi! :)

We are planning our first WDW trip and would love your input on our dinning plans so far. We are a party of two adults and a 5yr old. We are doing a split stay - 4 nights at CBR and 3 nights at the Polynesian.

Arrival day: Dinner at CBR's Sebastian's Bistro
AK - Yak & Yeti (lunch or dinner, not sure yet) **Edit - Possibly changing this to late breakfast at Boma :) **
Epcot - Garden Grill lunch (not completely sold on this yet)
Rest day - Breakfast at Topolino's - DInner somewhere along the boardwalk
Hollywood Studios (also our swtich day) - Mama Melrose

For our time at the Poly and MK, these are the places we would like to try but not decided on a particular order/day
- Kona for breakfast
-Be Our Guest
-Artist's Point

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any input you may have :)

Last edited:
I would advise against Mama Melrose - very mediocre Italian food, I think Olive Garden is better honestly!

Hi! :)

We are planning our first WDW trip and would love your input on our dinning plans so far. We are a party of two adults and a 5yr old. We are doing a split stay - 4 nights at CBR and 3 nights at the Polynesian.

Arrival day: Dinner at CBR's Sebastian's Bistro
AK - Yak & Yeti (lunch or dinner, not sure yet)
Epcot - Garden Grill lunch (not completely sold on this yet)
Rest day - Breakfast at Topolino's - DInner somewhere along the boardwalk
Hollywood Studios (also our swtich day) - Mama Melrose

For our time at the Poly and MK, these are the places we would like to try but not decided on a particular order/day
- Kona for breakfast
-Be Our Guest
-Artist's Point

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any input you may have :)
IMO, Kona breakfast is the most overrated meal at WDW. Their signature dish, Tonga Toast, is so sickeningly sweet I've never been able to get through half it in a couple of attempts.

I'd replace Mama Melrose with Brown Derby, but I do like Mama Melrose too.

I agree Mama Melrose is not that great. Depends on where you get your Italian food/if you are in a region with good food.

I completely agree with what Captain said about Kona. We love breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. You made a good choice with Be Our Guest the theming and food are amazing. At HS our favorites are 50’s PTC or Hollywood Brown Derby for TS and PizzaRizzo for CS. At AK unless the noises of the storm would scare your child would do Rainforest Cafe for TS and Pizzafari for CS.

We had picked Mama Melrose because none of the other options at HS really stood out to us - maybe the Sci-Fi one but looking at the pictures it just looks too dark. I'll browse over Brown Derby's menu again...

Could you do the following:

Arrival day: keep evening open if flying; If arriving late afternoon - Epcot festival booths+fireworks (space220 dinner will take 2-3 hours; book lounge if possible or on check out day)

AK - satu li lunch; Boma dinner (very short 5 min bus ride away)

Change Epcot to MK day; lunch QS; Dinner at CRT (special menu for 50th; food quality improved; speciality dessert can be added to CRT or BOG $25 3 days in advance) or BOG or Steakhouse 71 at 5 pm

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/

Rest am; Topolinos breakfast at 12 pm (lunch) and Pool

Or: pony rides at Wilderness (ends early afternoon?) dinner at Storybook Dining; watch fireworks from Polynesian beach with dole whips.

HS day: Topolinos dinner at 8 pm and watch Epcot fireworks (9 pm) unless Fantasmic is running then Topilinos at 5 pm and then head to park (after break 2-4:30 pm)

Last edited:
We gave Mama Melrose a try on our last trip early this month. we had sworn off of it for quite a while. I was pleasantly surprised. Food and service was decent.

If you’re a party of less than 5, you get seated in a car with another family, so that’s why I didn’t recommend Sci-fi dine in.

Caribbean beach resort has good lunch/dinner options. Maybe keep Sebastian’s Bistro on check in day as you’re on site. I did want to try it and it sounds a lot like Ohana.

Budget 30-40 mins to go to HS and Epcot during peak hours.

Oh I definitely don’t want to be seated with another party so thanks for that tid bit! Haha

Mama Melrose: We've been there maybe 5 times- so obviously didn't hate it- but it's your basic, OliveGarden style Italian food. We like Olive Garden, so we are fine at MM's, but it's not knock-your-socks-off Italian food like we can get in Boston's North End. I know what you mean by not being thrilled by the options at HS, though. Our HS day usually finds us at Big River Grill on the Boardwalk or at Disney Springs for dinner.

Getting Topolinos breakfast on your 4th day is hard so if you really want that, make that your priority and you may still not get that, but a Boma breakfast backup is a solid choice, and not priority.

I am with Disturbia we love Boma breakfast and dinner they are the best buffet on property.

I looked at a few videos of Boma and I think I changed my mind - we will likely go have a very late breakfast here on our AK day. Thanks for the suggestion :)

We always enjoy 50s Prime Time as do our kids-pot roast and chicken and shakes are great and environment very fun.

It had been a few years since I dined at Mama Melrose’s, but I had never had a bad meal there and decided to try it again last week. It wasn’t inedible, but it wasn’t good. The marinara sauce tasted cheap. The cannoli filling was not “creamy” as described on the menu, but thick, heavy, and paste like, There is complimentary bread service, which is becoming a rarity at WDW restaurants, but it was just OK. I don’t recommend Mama Melrose’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter