• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feedback on ADR's

joyofdis

Earning My Ears
We are a group of 4 adults and a child going to WDW in Fall. (Mom, Dad, Daughter and Grandparents). Husband is a fairly picky eater but the rest of us are pretty flexible. We are staying onsite (Polynesian) without a car so tried to plan meals around our parks schedule. We have basic dining plan and are staying club level. We tried to do a mix of meal times for the sit down meal and will grab counter service for the other meal. We also wanted to do a few character meals for our daughter. Did not want to use 2 credits for any meals this time.
Day 1 Dinner - Kouzzinas -- might meet friends at Boardwalk
Day 2 Counter Servie at Animal Kingdom
Day 3 Lunch - Biergarten
Day 4 Dinner - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package)
Day 5 Dinner - Rose & Crown (6:45) trying to catch fireworks
Dat 6 Dinner - 1900 Park Faire
Day 7 Lunch - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Day 8 Breakfast - Ohanas

We are also considering Chefs De France for lunch (out of pocket) and possible Akershus for breakfast one day.

Please give me your feedback and/or suggestions.

It's interesting, I believe I've hit most of the Disney restaurants. Maybe 10 I haven't done total, maybe less. You have 4 of them in your list. But not because I know anything bad about them. I was planning on Biergarten this year, but I don't want to walk so far into Epcot just for dinner (we're doing Teppan Edo the day we're in the park and Coral reef the day we're outside the park).

I normally do counter service at AK as well. Nothing too appealing for me in the sit-downs.

The only restaurant you have (that I've done) that I didn't really enjoy was Mama's. However, since you want the Fantasmic package, that's probably what you need to do. I gave up on trying to find a Fantasmic package for this year's trip.

Day 1 Kouzzinas - We have never been here, but I will be interested to hear your review.
Day 2 CS Animal Kingdom I would suggest Yak & Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ, they are both good.
Day 3 Lunch - Biergarten Love this place!!!:love:
Day 4 Dinner - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package)We were not fans.:upsidedow (we like 50's PT better, but sadly are not fans of any restaurant in this park.
Day 5 Dinner - Rose & Crown (6:45) trying to catch fireworks We were not fans of this place either:upsidedow
Dat 6 Dinner - 1900 Park Faire Characters are great; Food is fair just like it claims.
Day 7 Lunch - Whispering Canyon Cafe Food is good and it can be loud
Day 8 Breakfast - Ohanas This is one of our favorite breakfasts!:love:

Since you are staying at the Poly, have you thought about Kona? They have just great food. I highly recommend the Tuna Oscar and the Teriyaki Steak.:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 F! Dining package... I've done F! @ H&V and HBD...but am a HUGE believer in NOT spending 2 hours of your vaca in line for F!...

:thumbsup2 'Ohana Breakfast! We've been about 4 times...I don't see your child's age...but ours loved it ...at all ages...

:thumbsup2 PP's suggestion of Y&Y CS or Flametree CS @ AK....

Have a magical visit !

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter