Fee for changing reservations??

MelindaKiah

<font color=teal>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magent
Does anyone know if we're going to be charged a fee if we want to change our reservation dates? We're supposed to go next August but have decided that October would be better for us.

Anyone ever had to change their dates?

Thanks!!

That all depends on with whom you made the reservations. If you didnt book a package and did room only through Universal, no fee if cancelled within 5 days of reservation. Should be no problem this far in advance! :)

No....it's a package. We won the package but still....

I think I'm gonna have to pay a fee. I guess I should just call and ask!LOL

Okay...I just called. They are SOOOOOO nice!!! There is no fee, unless it was only a few weeks till our first reservation and then it would be a $50 charge. Not bad at all!!! But, since we're still 8 months away from when we were going to go, when we do book it (still need to confirm dates with hubby, etc.), there won't be a fee.:Pinkbounc

He did say to book as soon as possible, though, because of the HHN and that a lot of people come for it.

I'm trying. Trying to do it so the kids miss the least amount of school, but at the same time we aren't there when it's super busy!!LOL We're thinking maybe 17, 18, 19 of October. It's a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Not sure how busy it would be then. But, I guess with FOTL it won't really matter. I'm also happy cuz I don't handle heat that well and I'm pretty sure it would have been overwhelming in August for me!LOL

They used to charge $25 or $35 or any changes to reservations...not sure if they are still doing it.

Well, I change the dates today. I spoke with Jim at Universal Vacations (who I had to book the trip through because of winning it) and he was so nice! They are all really super there. He didn't charge me anything and couldn't have been more helpful. He told me that if it was only a few weeks before my vacation and I had to cancel, I probably would have been charged $50, which I still didn't too bad.

We are so excited! Now we have to wait an extra two months, but that's okay!! We can save more money that way!!LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter