February --- Plan Every ADR or Wing It?

annnewjerz

If I had a world of my own, everything would be no
DH and I have been to The World several times with and without DDP, including times that the free DDP is being offered. Our next trip is in February 2012 (just us) and I can't decide how I want to go about planning our trip.

On one hand, I know free dining is being offered again so I want to plan plan plan and get those hard to book ADRs like Le Cellier and California Grill for Wishes. But all the calculations, worrying about feeling too scheduled on our trip, etc. is making me lose sleep! :rotfl:

On the other hand, I kind of just want to book our must-do reservations like my Husband's birthday dinner and wing the rest, relying on making day-of ADRs on my iPHONE or trying our hand at walk-ups.

When we went this past February (pre-President's Week) the parks were dead and we could walk-up to most places. Sooo...should I risk it, or play it safe and make the reservations and cancel as necessary?

We were there from 2/15-2/22 this year. I made NO ADRs before we arrived. We were able to eat everywhere we wanted just by making same day ADRs from my iPhone.

We ate at Coral Reef, Biergarten, San Angel Inn, Restaurant Marrakesh, 50's Diner, Plaza, Yak and Yeti, Trails End, Kona Cafe, and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Some were at "meal times" and some were in odd times.

I'd do it again this way too.

Sounds like a great trip either way. We always book the TS so we have the ressie and wing everything else. We don't like rushing around to make a ADR so I know how you feel about winging it. WIth only 2 in your party, sounds like it will be okay to book via your iPhone. We always have 6 so we need to book in advance.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter