February Cruise

TLPL

DIS Veteran
Hello, First time cruiser here. We just booked the February 7, 2008 3 night cruise. How is the weather in February? Is it too cold to swim? What kind of clothes should we pack? Any info may help. Thanks :banana:

We've cruised three times in Feb and booked for this coming February. The weather at Port Canaveral can be a little cooler, but after that, it's plenty warm. I remember sunning on deck on the last day, I think it was 85 degrees and beautiful and a snow storm was hitting our home region.

We packed the usual summer clothes for the day.

We had the same experience as TLPL except I thought it was a bit chilly at night, so if you have someone sailing with you who is sensitive to cold you might want to bring them a sweater. Also the ship's air conditioning is set at a very low temp. so be sure to pack a sweater for any inside areas of the ship.

Our family trip was last Feb. on the Magic (Eastern)
Castaway Cay was nice. The water was cool until you got used to it.
A very thin & light sweater on the ship at night while on deck was nice for me.
Otherwise it was still pretty warm and sometimes hot.
We are going this year at the end of Feb.
PS-The kids and I took a light sweater to dinner too. DH was fine.

Thanks for all the replies, so what are some of the activities do you suggest to do at Castaway Cay in February? Is Nassau warmer?

We sailed mid Feb last year and, unluckily, got unusually cold weather timed exactly for our sail dates:sad2:
Nonetheless, everybody came back from Castaway Cay burned to a crisp because all the activities-water and beach- were in full swing and very pleasant under bright sun.
We FL residents learn to ALWAYS wear sunscreen...as the cruise director announced shipwide while the crispy cruisers re-boarded.;)

Should have mentioned that "petting" the Sting Rays enraptured my 20mo granddaughter- it's a don't miss! Her 5 yr brother was far more intimidated but equally curious.

If it helps; here is a pic of my DD at Castaway Cay. The weather was very nice. Though both the DD and DW had to wear sweaters in the restaurants.

P2160060.jpg

We went in February 2001 and it was HOT outside 90+. But the water was FREEZING. I wouldn't have pre-rented my snorkels and floats had we know that.

Each year is different. I would definitely do a beach day, but not get anything until you feel the water yourself.

I see you're from Canada, and as someone who is from the northern part of the US I can tell you that it's always better than home. We only cruise in Jan/Feb and have always been comfortable with the weather during the day. As long as the sun is out, it will be confortable. On the ship at night, it can get cool if you're in the wind, or if there's a cloudy day, it might get a little chilly. If you're one who always seems cold, you'll want to bring or buy a sweatshirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter