February 24, 2007 Magic!

I looked it up a while back and it was 7-8 ships in GC as well! :eek: So many people!

yikes. :scared: that makes it super hard to not think about the eco-impact of this vacation. :guilty: I'll have to write my senator to make up for it and urge him to reintroduce the Clean Cruise Ship Act that never became a law. yep, I'm a geek and a buzzkill. I'm done. won't mention it again. that's my hippie bit for the day. sorry for the inconvenience...:hippie:

yikes. :scared: that makes it super hard to not think about the eco-impact of this vacation. :guilty: I'll have to write my senator to make up for it and urge him to reintroduce the Clean Cruise Ship Act that never became a law. yep, I'm a geek and a buzzkill. I'm done. won't mention it again. that's my hippie bit for the day. sorry for the inconvenience...:hippie:

I went to the site just now and there are ONLY 6 ships that day in GC! Maybe thats a little better:rolleyes:

Would it be ok if I made a sail list?

First Names: Mike, Ann, Bryan and Laurie
Kid's Ages: Bryan (10), Laurie (8)
Home State: PA
Cabin #: 5002
Dinner Seating: Late
Staying with family in Florida night before

PS. It would be great if kids could meet before going to clubs. Anybody interested?

It would be great if kids could meet before going to clubs. Anybody interested?

I think there are a few of us who are up for it! If we are all going to get to the port a little early, maybe there? While waiting to board? What do you guys think? Or do you want to wait until after we board? Would have to be after everyone eats lunch, makes dinner seating changes, palo res.

Also, sherkhan, oh well there goes DD's meeting with Ariel

i'm flexible on the kids meeting. because everyone will have a slightly different terminal schedule, maybe an on board meeting would be logistically easier. but again i'm flexible. possible ideas: just before or after the safety meeting, during the bon voyage party, ????

For your planning purposes . . . here are the tastings (less the beer tastings)I found onboard for the Western:

Monday - Sea Day
2:00 Margarita and Wine Tasting (Diversions and Sessions)
4:00 Martini Tasting

Thursday - Sea Day
2:00 Stem to Stern Wine Tasting Sessions
2:00 Margarita Tasting Diversions

The adults could do an adult get together if anyone enjoys any of these. Just go to Guest Services to get your tickets for this when you board. There is usually a $15 fee attached.

i'm flexible on the kids meeting. because everyone will have a slightly different terminal schedule, maybe an on board meeting would be logistically easier. but again i'm flexible. possible ideas: just before or after the safety meeting, during the bon voyage party, ????

I am flexible as well...we are planning on getting to port early. Since I am a first time cruiser, I will let the rest of you come up with the best time. The idea of meeting at the bon voyage party sounds fun...but will it be too hectic?:banana: I am not sure since I don't know what to excpect.

Also, I just read something on the boards (trip reports) that is making me VERY nervous! A woman just returned from cruise (in Dec, I believe) and had a terrible time with sea sickness:sad1:. She was in room 5000. We are in room 5002! We knew this room would be loud during theatre times (as it is right above the theatre), but we were okay with this since we figured we would not be in the room at that time. But the seasickness thing has me a little worried.

None of my family seems to be prone to car sickness....is this any indication of seasicknes? Should we try and change our room when we get on board? Is this possible?

Also, we cannot get Palo reservations on line. Does this mean we are out of luck? Or can we try and get them once we board?

Sorry so long...any insight would be helpful!

I am flexible as well...we are planning on getting to port early. Since I am a first time cruiser, I will let the rest of you come up with the best time. The idea of meeting at the bon voyage party sounds fun...but will it be too hectic?:banana: I am not sure since I don't know what to excpect.

Also, I just read something on the boards (trip reports) that is making me VERY nervous! A woman just returned from cruise (in Dec, I believe) and had a terrible time with sea sickness:sad1:. She was in room 5000. We are in room 5002! We knew this room would be loud during theatre times (as it is right above the theatre), but we were okay with this since we figured we would not be in the room at that time. But the seasickness thing has me a little worried.

None of my family seems to be prone to car sickness....is this any indication of seasicknes? Should we try and change our room when we get on board? Is this possible?

Also, we cannot get Palo reservations on line. Does this mean we are out of luck? Or can we try and get them once we board?

The sail away party will be too CRAZY and LOUD. I think he meant to meet like before it started? As everyone will be gathering there anyway..? For the ones of us that might be at the port early, we might just to happen upon eachother. If so, great! Please introduce yourselves! My family will all have the mickey polo shirts on. Different colors but the same shirt. :grouphug:

Sorry if all this is a repeat. I know I posted this before but I think it was before kingcruisers joined us.
As far as the seasickness, this is my DM's first cruise and she gets car sick. So, anyway, I did so much research. We got prescriptions for the patch, the pills, and I plan to buy the seabands. I plan to be prepared. If she has side affects from the patch, then we will switch to the pill. If you think your location will affect you, when you check in ask what cabins they have ava. for your cat. If it is a better location - then change it. Since its the same cat. they will gladly change the cabins!:thumbsup2

Palo, well, I will be in line with you! I did manage to get Palo brunch but I could only get it for 2 people. I want to try to add my DM to our reservation.

KingCruisers: everyone handles seasickness differently. it will help that you have an oceanview room, since seeing a stationary horizon in the distance will help your mind reconcile the effects of a moving ship. we plan on packing some different remedies just to be safe.

From what i know, only 50% or so of the palo ressies are offered online. since you'll be arriving early on board, you have a good chance of securing one. just go there first thing.

it looks like the palo reservations are in Rockin' Bar D just like the seating assignment changes. as noted before, a lot of us are trying to do the same things! I'd be surprised if we didn't see a couple of us in there at the same time.

regarding the seasickness, if I end up in room 5000, none of you breathes a WORD of that nastiness to my husband! that's just too much information... ick! :upsidedow

The problem with this is that you're in a Category 8 room. ALL of the Cat 8 rooms are forward.

Typically, it is reported that midship rooms feel the movement of the ship the least. You will need a category change in order to move far enough midship to make a difference.

Ginger pills also help to prevent seasickness and doesn't have the side affects that drugs do.

I'll tell you a little secret. I had a rough night a while back and I knew I would be in serious trouble in the morning with a hangover. My 16 yo daughter told me to take dramamine before I went to bed (I guess that is a secret teens share). Well, I remembered I had a prescription of the patch in the cabinet from our 2/2006 cruise. I put one on and lo and behold - the next morning I was fine!!!! Coincidence? Maybe . . . Maybe not.

Whatever you decide to use, make sure you begin using it at least 3 hours before boarding the ship.

It is widely reported in trip reports that the first and last nights are the worst with ship movement (crossing the Florida straits). Be prepared.

Is there anyone sailing with us that is a camera freak? You know, someone that wishes to be a photographer in another life? Someone that is really familiar with DSLR cameras?

If so . . . please post and let me know. I need someone to help me out with something for about 30 minutes on the Thursday of our cruise . . . like a vow renewal. I have all the camera equipment necessary.

For your planning purposes . . . here are the tastings (less the beer tastings)I found onboard for the Western:

Monday - Sea Day
2:00 Margarita and Wine Tasting (Diversions and Sessions)
4:00 Martini Tasting

Thursday - Sea Day
2:00 Stem to Stern Wine Tasting Sessions
2:00 Margarita Tasting Diversions

The adults could do an adult get together if anyone enjoys any of these. Just go to Guest Services to get your tickets for this when you board. There is usually a $15 fee attached.

We did the martini and margarita tastings last year. I have to say hitting that much hard alcohol that early in the day, made the rest of the day...interesting. But, what the hey your on vacation! I certainly won't miss it this year. See you there!

I expect to be at the port between 10 and 10:30. So we should be among the ones roaming around before the ship opens. It's probably a good idea to meet somewhere a bit away from the crowd before the sail-away party. Like towards the basketball courts or something. I don't remember how much time there was between the safety drill and the party.

Is there anyone sailing with us that is a camera freak? You know, someone that wishes to be a photographer in another life? Someone that is really familiar with DSLR cameras?

If so . . . please post and let me know. I need someone to help me out with something for about 30 minutes on the Thursday of our cruise . . . like a vow renewal. I have all the camera equipment necessary.

I LOVE to take photos and take them of everything (really gets on my family's nerves). But, I am by no means an expert. I hope someone on here has more experience and can help you. If not, I would be happy to help you out.

OH, congrats on the vow renewal! :flower3:

I expect to be at the port between 10 and 10:30. So we should be among the ones roaming around before the ship opens. It's probably a good idea to meet somewhere a bit away from the crowd before the sail-away party. Like towards the basketball courts or something. I don't remember how much time there was between the safety drill and the party.

Oh yeah, not much time at all. You have the drill, then everyone has to take life vests back to the rooms. So, not much of a time frame before the sail away party.

I am assuming that maybe we should try for around 2 - 3ish time frame?

Thanks Becca! I'm sure I can give a crash course on making my camera point and shoot instead of big and intimidating!

hi all,

does anyone happen to remember how long the shows (golden mickeys, etc?) last? I don't want to have a spa service interrupt going to the matinees with DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter