• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb/March trip

firsttimer4

Mouseketeer
We just booked our 7th trip!! So excited. This will be the first time we travel to Disney in Feb/March. Also the first time staying at Animal Kingdom Villas. We are looking to do a bucket list. We want to try something new in each park. Looking for any and all suggestions.... food, time of year, Animal Kingdom Villas, etc. Send them my way!!
Also with magical express going away at the end of the year are people planning on just using uber?

Our travel party for this trip is me (38), my Nanny (godmother in the south) (62), my DS (13) and DD (11)

That is our favorite time of year to go!! It’s generally warm during the day (shirts weather for us northerners) and cools down at night. (May need a hoodie) my only bucket list suggestion would be if you have never done hoop Dee doo musical review-do it!! We enjoy it every trip and it’s nice to walk down to the beach afterwards and watch the electrical water pageant. Without knowing what you have done in the past, it’s hard to give a ride/experience suggestion but we almost always find something we have never done. Sometimes just slowing down you can find something new.

That is our favorite time of year to go!! It’s generally warm during the day (shirts weather for us northerners) and cools down at night. (May need a hoodie) my only bucket list suggestion would be if you have never done hoop Dee doo musical review-do it!! We enjoy it every trip and it’s nice to walk down to the beach afterwards and watch the electrical water pageant. Without knowing what you have done in the past, it’s hard to give a ride/experience suggestion but we almost always find something we have never done. Sometimes just slowing down you can find something new.
We've never done Hoop dee doo. I'm hoping that alot more places will open up before our 60 day mark.

We've never done Hoop dee doo. I'm hoping that alot more places will open up before our 60 day mark.
I hope it opens back up soon. It’s always a must do for us. I have never known anyone that was disappointed with it.

Hoop Dee Doo is a hoot! Highly recommend.

Since you are at AKV, I'd recommend Boma for dinner if it's open.

Other fun things we've done besides parks:

Archery at Ft. Wilderness
Horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness
Afternoon tea at GF
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (arrive 30 minutes before opening to put your name on the list)
Caring for Giants tour
VIP tour (expensive)

We just booked our 7th trip!! So excited. This will be the first time we travel to Disney in Feb/March. Also the first time staying at Animal Kingdom Villas. We are looking to do a bucket list. We want to try something new in each park. Looking for any and all suggestions.... food, time of year, Animal Kingdom Villas, etc. Send them my way!!
Also with magical express going away at the end of the year are people planning on just using uber?

Our travel party for this trip is me (38), my Nanny (godmother in the south) (62), my DS (13) and DD (11)
If you have a savannah view room, request the Sunset Savannah. That is the savannah that has the zebras and giraffes.

You may be there during Flower and Garden at Epcot, which has some fun food booths around the park that can be pretty good. Plus there are more topiaries than usual and there has been a butterfly garden in the past.

Weather is really varied in March. Our last trip, the first few days we were in long sleeves and DW, who never wants to wear a jacket, had to buy a hoodie in the store on Main Street because it got so cold that night and we were staying for the fireworks. But by the end of the week it was shorts and tank tops and still feeling hot walking around.

We love that time to visit too. We usually go around the 27th of Feb. until around 3/4 or so. The weather is usually pretty good. But anything 60 and above is heaven for us - we live close to the Canadian border, LOL, so......
I bet you will enjoy this time of year too. Only one time it turned cold on us and we were not prepared! I borrowed my husband's sweater and wore it most of the trip. He's my hero:) :rotfl2:

We are from Louisiana and are use to the HOT. I am looking forward to traveling to Disney when it will be a little cooler than usual.
I'm also so excited to see all the things opening back up and fireworks returning. Fingers crossed the dining plan comes back before our trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter