• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb 11th-19th Beach Club Trip Report Day One

Disney-DVD

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone !

Here's my trip report:

Me - 38 (14th trip to WDW in 14 years)
Wife - 38 ((14th trip to WDW in 14 years)
Daughter - 9 (10th trip to WDW in 9 years)
Daughter - 3 (4th trip to WDW in 3 years)

Hotel - Beach Club
Dates - Feb 11th - 19th

Bought an annual pass and agot an AP rate of $169/night for the BC. I faxed my room requests over 5 days prior to arrival and called 4 days prior to verify they recived my fax.

We arrived on Sunday morning around 10:15 am.
At check-in they room I requested (3691) was not the room I was going to be given. I told the CM that I had faxed and called requesting room 3691 and when I called the Cm said she would put down for a complimentary upgrade becuase I had a standard view room.

After about 10 or 15 minutes of the CM going to his manager he came back and said we could have room 3691 and the room was ready !! :)

We stayed in room 3691 the last time we stayed at the beach club 2 years ago, it's a great room. It's a corner room overlooking the pool and Broadwalk with 2 balconies (one small and one huge). The room is larger than a standard room. The refridgerator we had in the room was larger than the normal fridge they give you.

The weather the entire trip was perfect ! It was in the mid 80's everyday and the nights were in the low 70's. It rained for exactly 5 minutes on Sunday the 18th.

We went to the MK the first day as we always do. It wasn't that crowded. We always go in the late fall or winter so the crowds or smaller but the past few years it's been more crowded than usual. A few years back when we would go in Jan or Feb the parks were empty (even the MK). You could walk on any ride you wanted to.

This time, the MK was the most crowded of all the parks as usual but only the big (or popular) rides had lines of about 10 or 15 minutes. Everything else was basically walk-on or less than 5 minutes.

Got fast pass for Splash Mt, Pooh and Peter Pan. Waited about 10 minutes for Big Thunder Mt.
Both kids went on and loved it !

Did Goofy RC, Buzz, Small World, Pirates and Winnie the Pooh.

We ate at Pecos Bills for dinner. One of the few fast food meals we had. I had the chicken wrap which was good, everyone else had hamburgers which were good too.

We saw the fireworks at 7:00 then went back to the hotel.

Day Two coming next...EPCOT

:)

img_disneydvdlogo.gif

What a great way to start your trip! You got the room you wanted!!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! Looking forward to your day at Epcot on your next post! :D

Robin Longley

Great first start! I LOVE the BC and I too have a special room I always request and they are always very helpful with all the requests! I was there Feb. 8 thru the 13th and the weather was just as you described....beautiful. I can't wait to read the rest of your reports!

Thanks for the report - did 3yr enjoy Big Thunder Mountain - is there a height requirement for that one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter