FE Gifts Question

MemphisMickey

Mouseketeer
Just confirm for me that if I pack my gifts in a large box labeled just like my luggage and leave with porters (when dropping off luggage) that it will be delivered to stateroom.

I think it will be handled just like airline luggage - dropped, smushed, shaken, out in the rain if it is raining. Fine if it isn't breakable, not so fine if it is.

We mail the box ahead of time. However, that is no guarantee that it will make it there. We mailed out two boxes about two weeks before our cruise on the same day via USPS. I divided up our FE gifts so some would come to the resort and some to the ship. The FE box was waiting for us in our state room. The one that I mailed to our resort with more FE gifts and our Halloween/pirate costumes never made it until the day after we had started our cruise. The staff at CBR were nice enough to bring it to the air port for us but it was too late for the gifts I had been working on for months.

In the past we have carried on a tote bag with all the FE gifts and brought that right to lunch with us.

I wouldn't leave it with the porters. Just think of how your luggage is thrown around at the air port. You wouldn't want to give them anything breakable. That's why you hear of alcohol bottles being smashed in luggage. Their job is to load luggage as fast as they can so the ship can sail.

This is what I do, and everyone has told me what a great idea it is... Buy one of those heavy plastic totes from walmart or wherever. Sterilite or Rubbermaid. And pack it inside a suitcase or duffel bag. we have a large duffel bag that i can fit a fairly large plastic rubbermaid tote inside snug-ly. (the tote /tub is about 24 inches long, X 15" wide X 12" deep.) I packed all my FE stuff inside and it all stayed very safe. Even if some tossed my suitcase, the goodies would be safe. also things that could wrinkle or get water-damaged are protected in the container. (The contents were packed tight so nothing could be tossed around within the tub.) Then when you pack to leave the cruise, all your FE gifts you have received will pack securely inside. I have done this for years of WDW trips. We pack lots of snacks to take daily to the parks. This container keeps them from getting smushed on the flight. For WDW we pack chips, cookies, packages of muffins for breakfast, etc. and nothing gets crushed in that container. Then again, for the way home, we pack breakable souvenirs, papers, special things for scrapbooking, etc inside and they arrive back home without so much as a wrinkle.

I hope this idea can help others. It works great for us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter