FCC Question

Ferchis

Earning My Ears
We were scheduled for the 7-night cruise out of San Diego in 2021, and it was canceled and converted to a B2B 4-night and three-night. We received the 125% FCC and wanted to apply it to the 2022 7-night out of San Diego, but the cut-off is September 30, 2022. We have reached out to our TA, and she indicates that there is nothing that can be done. Is there anyone I can reach out to for a possible exception or advice on how to proceed? The difference is two days, and I'm hoping to get a hold of a decision-maker that can make this happen. Any advice is greatly appreciated; thank you.

We were scheduled for the 7-night cruise out of San Diego in 2021, and it was canceled and converted to a B2B 4-night and three-night. We received the 125% FCC and wanted to apply it to the 2022 7-night out of San Diego, but the cut-off is September 30, 2022. We have reached out to our TA, and she indicates that there is nothing that can be done. Is there anyone I can reach out to for a possible exception or advice on how to proceed? The difference is two days, and I'm hoping to get a hold of a decision-maker that can make this happen. Any advice is greatly appreciated; thank you.
Currently, the cut off date for using those FCCs is set it stone.

Of course, it could change, but I doubt that exceptions will be allowed at this time.

I think there are quite a few of us that would like that exception, so if they let you do it, that would be a huge deal for the rest of us (as opposed to a random upgrade or something). They haven't budged on it thus far, and I think they'd like to get it (the 125 FCC) all off the books.

I think there are quite a few of us that would like that exception, so if they let you do it, that would be a huge deal for the rest of us (as opposed to a random upgrade or something). They haven't budged on it thus far, and I think they'd like to get it (the 125 FCC) all off the books.
I agree with you. We have a large amount of money in FCC with Disney. I think there are lots of us out there who cannot use the FCC by the cutoff for one reason or another. I think they would be taking a big hit financially on paper if they do this. Shareholders would not be happy.

No exceptions so far, but they may yet extend it to Dec 31 as other major cruise lines have done. They are probably hoping to exhaust as much as possible as early (this summer).

That said, you can always opt for a 100% refund.

No exceptions so far, but they may yet extend it to Dec 31 as other major cruise lines have done. They are probably hoping to exhaust as much as possible as early (this summer).

That said, you can always opt for a 100% refund.
I hope they follow the trend, time will tell.

I doubt they will extend it. Unless cruises have to be cancelled or stop sailing due to Covid spike, I can't imagine a scenario where they will extend it. However, if you know you won't be able to use it, you can opt for the full refund of original monies paid back to the original form of payment. I will warn you that this does often take DCL 7-14 days to fully process and issue refunds, so if you want to use that money for a new cruise booking, you may need to convert FCC back to original form of payment with enough time to use it again (like if you had Gift Cards or if it was on an old credit card, etc).

This is the similar cutoff for all of us with placeholders that we’re extended to September 2022. I’ve tried a few times to extend and it just can’t happen. I already lost 2 placeholders because of covid I couldn’t take the cruise and couldn’t move it beyond September 2022. Now I’m getting ready to lose more placeholders for august September. We booked a b2b and decided just to do one because I’m too anxious about failing the test between cruises. i will lose those placeholders too (I have 2 cabins booked)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter