FCC and 10% OBB discount?

rookie1255

Earning My Ears
We have a lot of FCC from canceled cruises and are trying to optimize use of it. We were looking at taking a large family alaska or eruope cruise and wanted to get the 10% on board booking discount. My idea was to take a short, relatively cheap, cruise with just my wife and me and book 2 staterooms for the expensive cruise while on board. My understanding is that if I use FCC to book the short cruise then all of the remainder will become OBC. However, can I book this short cruise cash and then use the FCC to book the future sailing?

We have a lot of FCC from canceled cruises and are trying to optimize use of it. We were looking at taking a large family alaska or eruope cruise and wanted to get the 10% on board booking discount. My idea was to take a short, relatively cheap, cruise with just my wife and me and book 2 staterooms for the expensive cruise while on board. My understanding is that if I use FCC to book the short cruise then all of the remainder will become OBC. However, can I book this short cruise cash and then use the FCC to book the future sailing?
No, you can't use FCC for an onboard booking. Any remaining FCC becomes a stateroom credit as soon as you sail, and you can't use stateroom credit to book a future cruise. You have to put it directly on a credit or debit card, so that is can be refunded if you cancel. DCL has explicitly told people that while the FCC can be used to book more than one cruise, it must be allocated to both cruises before you embark on the first cruise.

Can you use the FCC to book some cruise in the distant future, so that when you take the short, cheap cruise that FCC is already allocated? Then book the expensive cruise with the on board discount. After that, cancel the original dummy cruise you had booked and paid for with FCC and reapply those funds to the new expensive cruise.

Might be some issue with using the FCC for those family members that weren't on the original cruises that were cancelled, since the FCC is tied to the individuals that were cancelled.

I guess the plan will be to book 2 big future cruises to allocate most of the FCC. Then use the remaining small amount of FCC to book a short cruise with just my wife and me. Then book the expensive cruises while on board, paying cash for their deposits. Then cancel the 2 cruises and apply those funds to the 2 that were booked on board.

Then cancel the 2 cruises and apply those funds to the 2 that were booked on board.
I suggest you confirm with DCL that the FCC can be "held" or transferred if you cancel those 2 reservations. I'd worry the FCC would cancel and you would receive a refund of amount you paid, losing the extra.

If I pay for a cruise with cash will all my FCC still be applied as OBC at the end, or does this only apply if I use FCC to book the cruise in the first place?

If I pay for a cruise with cash will all my FCC still be applied as OBC at the end, or does this only apply if I use FCC to book the cruise in the first place?

My understanding from reading the cruise cancellation information and other comments on this board is that Future Cruise Credit (FCC) must be used by the end of the next cruise you take. FCC is added to your Disney Cruise Line account. You can apply that credit to pay toward 1 or more future DCL cruises as well as other pre-cruise payments to DCL, such as ground transportion and prepaid gratuities. When your next Disney cruise sails, any remaining FCC (that is, funds that have not been paid to DCL) becomes part of your onboard account and will expire at the end of that cruise if it is not used up. This will happen regardless of whether that next cruise was paid for with FCC or cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!