• Citrico's

• Yachtsman's Steakhouse

• Flying Fish

• Hollywood Brown Derby

• Artist's Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

memomuffin

Mouseketeer
Alright folks, I have a ressie for one Signature restaurant but I want to see out of all of them, what gets highest ratings. California Grill, Jiko's, Narcoossee's, Citricos, Flying Fish, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Hollywood Brown Derby, or Artist Point?

You may want to set this thread as an actual poll.

I'm at a tie between Cal Grill and Jiko's.

We LOVE jiko's. Not only was the food very good but the service as well as the atmosphere were also excellent. And it is in AKL on top of everything else!!!!!

We ate at both Cali and Jiko. I went back to WDW for a conference by myself, and found myself back at Jiko. I think it is just that next step above Cali. Service, food, location, excellent.

seajoker
AKL NOV 2006
POR June 2007

Jiko hands down. CaliGrill has really gone downhill and our last visit in June 2007 was horrible. First, my son's steak came basically burnt - he ordered medium rare. We sent it back and it came back almost raw. I'm a vegetarian and their vegetarian plate is boring and didn't have any protein other than some overcooked mushrooms. The table next to me was 2 vegetarians for their 1st anniversary and they thought it was bad too. It was the worst TS meal we had, including Chef Mickey's which is pretty bad too. No excuse for a place that claims it is so good.

i can't vote in your poll because i have only been to Cali Grill & Brown Derby (and I was only 6 for that one, so I don't remember!). Cali Grill was wonderful though. The sushi was yummy and it is a fantastic place to watch Wishes.

I voted for AP. But there are indeed a lot of good places listed in this poll - I'd be pretty happy at just about any of them.

The one I don't understand though is California Grille. I was underwhelmed there. I wonder how much of its good review is due to the view and the chance to see Wishes and how much is due to the food and service?

I voted for Cali Grill. My DH and I LOVED it there, from the atmosphere, the waiter who was excellent, and the food was just awesome. How can you not like being on the 15th floor of CR and being able to look out to MK, especially during Wishes. We always have to make a ressie there when going.

The one I don't understand though is California Grille. I was underwhelmed there. I wonder how much of its good review is due to the view and the chance to see Wishes and how much is due to the food and service?

There is definitely some truth in this. The view alone carries this restaurant a long way.

For our upcoming trip, we have reservations at both Jiko and Cal Grill. It will be interesting to see which one comes out on top this trip.

I'm wondering if I've made the wrong decision now reading this poll. I've chosen the Yachtsman for my 30th celebration meal as I adore steak and we'll be staying at the Beach Club. Now I'm wondering whether I should change to Cali Grill or Jiko. We do have 2 young children though (6 and 3). Can anyone advise??

I'm wondering if I've made the wrong decision now reading this poll. I've chosen the Yachtsman for my 30th celebration meal as I adore steak and we'll be staying at the Beach Club. Now I'm wondering whether I should change to Cali Grill or Jiko. We do have 2 young children though (6 and 3). Can anyone advise??

I don't think you made a bad decision! The Yachtsman is known for their steaks. We've only eaten there once, but I did enjoy it. Happy Anniversary!

I don't think you made a bad decision! The Yachtsman is known for their steaks. We've only eaten there once, but I did enjoy it. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for the reassurance. It's actually for my 30th birthday though, not quite got to 30 years married just yet! :rotfl: :rotfl: :goodvibes

Thanks for the reassurance. It's actually for my 30th birthday though, not quite got to 30 years married just yet! :rotfl: :rotfl: :goodvibes

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Well, thats what I get for posting without a full cup of coffee in me. Sorry about that!!

Happy Birthday!!! :bday:

Really, I think you'll enjoy the Yachtsman. Then afterwards, you can take the kids to Beaches and Cream for another round of desert! ;)

CG !!!

food has always been first-rate // sometimes service is a bit slow, but we're usually there for the fireworks show anyway

also, the servers have always been excellent with my kids -- one time, my tired, whining daughter was served pre-meal goldfish served on a silver platter and another time crayons were placed on the table without even making the request

Hummm. I can't vote 'cuz my absolute fav. is BOMA & I always insist we go there at least once. I haven't tried the others on the list - but maybe we should try Jiko next time since it appears to be getting rave reviews - and it's just across the hall at AKL - so my thinking is that it's bound to be super too!?:confused:

I thought this would be a good time to 'REFRESH' this Poll since I have another Poll going on right now as well.
Thanks to all who participate in this and help me out!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter