Favorite Running Shoes

To add to my Nimbus shoes post, I had to start running with my arch supports in them again. I hadn't used them in not quiet 2 years since converting to Nimbus but tendonitis in my knees flared up again bad in both knees as I ramp up mileage again. So, anyone have arch supports they prefer that aren't custom orthotics? I'm just using Dr. Scholl's ones. I have really high arches.

I just traded in my Brooks Pure Flow for a pair of Nike Pegasus. This is the first time that Nike has fit me and felt comfortable. I tried on about 10 pairs of shoes and I'm pretty sure the sales girl thought I was off my rocker.

I wear Mizuno Wave Riders for training and anything longer then a 10K, Brooks T6 racers for races up to 10K, and Saucony Peregrines for trail running.

Favorite? Do I have to pick just one?! My current rotation includes:
Saucony Kinvara 5: for short runs and speed sessions
Newton Gravity III: for longer distances at or near race pace
Newton Fate: for easy runs of any distance
Altra Intuition 1.5: for short runs
Altra Intuition 2: for long, slow runs

I also have Brooks Ghost as my walking shoe of choice. And an old pair of Mizuno Evo Cursoris that I run in occasionally. And a back-up pair of new Kinvaras for when the current pair wears out (they were on sale!) And and old pair of Newton Gravity that's pretty much worn out, but is too pretty to ditch yet. And a really old pair of Brooks PureFlow that I use for pool running. Oh, and a pair of Saucony Zealots being delivered tomorrow lol! I like variety :)

I am the Imelda Marcos of running shoes. Currently I do my long runs in Adidas Energy Boosts and tempo runs in Adidas Adios boost. I do short intervals in Saucony A5s. My fun trail shoes are Hoka One One Rapa Nuis. Prior to that my go to shoes had been Asics Cumulous 14s.
Are we related? I seem to have the same affliction, lol!

My favorite for decades has been the Nike Air Pegasus - have probably owned about 50 pair of various versions over the years (currently rotate 4 pair in my running).

My new favorite may be the Newton Fate. Just got them and love them (similar post in another thread).

I think I may have to convert to the Newton line. I just had my first run in the Aha's, and it was really really hard not to run fast. I don't know whether it was the weather (it was earlier in the AM- heat hadn't happened yet) or if it was because I was carbed, or because I fueled during the run, but I had a GREAT run in these shoes. Nothing hurt, nothing feels strained or pulled. And I think they helped with my form tremendously. 2 thumbs up from me and definitely a keeper. They got me through 8 miles today. The only thing I want to watch in them is how my heels feel as I continue to increase my distance. yes, I get that they are supposed to encourage forefoot strike, but I do R/W intervals, so when I'm walking- I'm heel striking. Heels feel okay now, but around mile 6 or 7 I remember thinking that I was feeling a bit of increased sensitivity to my heels. Went away I think, as I don't recall it becoming an 'every step I take' type thing during the run.

With my ankle issues, I loved the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14s. I recently had to replace and I blindly moved to the 15s since the 14s worked so well for me. It seems to have aggravated my left IT band a lot. Looks like its back to the store to try something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter