Favorite running bra

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
Hey ladies - I'm looking for some input on finding a better running sports bra. Looking for something with a high level of support. I have a couple that I love from Victoria's Secret because they have an underwire. However, the extreme heat is causing some chaffing under my arms around the seams of the bra. I'd love to hear some ideas on different sports bras that are great for running.

No suggestions, but I am looking forward to seeing answers!!

Victoria's Secret VSX Incredible is what I've been using lately...the kind that hook in the back. They aren't perfect though, I've been having chafing issues if I don't use Body Glide. I also have a couple of Moving Comfort Maia bras, which I like, but they aren't racer back (which I prefer when running in tanks). But I do find them a bit more comfortable than the Incredibles (which ARE racer back).

I was using Under Armor Armor bras for awhile, but they aren't racer back and they have lots of seams, so those chafed me too. It was BAD after this year's WDW marathon. :sad:

I've definitely found that bras that are in the real bra sizes work better for me. I need the customized rib cage/cup sizes and not just a small, medium or large size.

I'm starting to think the perfect running bra just doesn't exist. :( But the VSX ones - real bra sizes, less seams, racer back, don't chafe TOO badly - are pretty close for me.

My favorite two are both made by champion. I love the champion show off sports bra. It is high support. I also like the champion marathon bra. Both of these have adjustable straps.

I wear a larger size, so it's usually hard for me to find bras that I like. The Champion Double Dry Spot Comfort Full Support Sports Bra was actually the first sports bra I tried when I started running, and I love it. I find it has good support and doesn't chafe on me at all. I don't know how it compares to other bras because I haven't tried anything else.

My favorite is the Panache sports underwire, which has an amazing range of sizes (from 28DD to H and 40DD to H). It is UK sized, so the band size is +/- your snug under measurement and the cup is based on +/- inches around the fullest part. When you subtract the larger number from the smaller, the difference gives you cup size: 5" = DD, 6" = E, 7" = F, 8" = FF, 9" = G, 10" = GG and 11" = H. It may be hard to find in extended sizes in brick and mortar stores, but you can get it at amazon with free returns. -- Suzanne

I wear a larger size, so it's usually hard for me to find bras that I like. The Champion Double Dry Spot Comfort Full Support Sports Bra was actually the first sports bra I tried when I started running, and I love it. I find it has good support and doesn't chafe on me at all. I don't know how it compares to other bras because I haven't tried anything else.

Where do you find this bra? I need a bigger size and I have not been able to find anything that has any support.

Where do you find this bra? I need a bigger size and I have not been able to find anything that has any support.

I buy it online (I've gotten it in a few different places, most recently Sears), but I've also seen it as Modell's ... And at a runDisney expo.
HerRoom.com has a big range of larger size bras - that's where I got my first one from.

Hey ladies - I'm looking for some input on finding a better running sports bra. Looking for something with a high level of support. I have a couple that I love from Victoria's Secret because they have an underwire. However, the extreme heat is causing some chaffing under my arms around the seams of the bra. I'd love to hear some ideas on different sports bras that are great for running.
I really like Under Armour's Eclipse bra--but I am small chested and maybe it won't be supportive enough for someone with a larger chest. I've heard from some women in my running group that Moving Comfort is a great brand for women with larger chests.

@VAfamily1998 brings up a good point - I'm 32DD, probably should have mentioned that in my post above. :)
I encourage everyone who is unhappy with the support they are getting from their running bra to make sure that you are wearing the right size. I thought I was a 34 or 36 band, but a 30 band actually fits much better! I was like many women and was wearing too large a band and too small a cup. It is amazing the difference that having a bra that fits can make.

Last edited:
I encourage everyone who is unhappy with the support they are getting from their running bra to make sure that you are wearing the right size. I thought I was a 34 or 36 band, but a 30 band actually fits much better! I was like many women and was wearing too large a band and too small a cup. It is amazing the difference that having a bra that fits can make.
THIS, exactly. I was wearing a 34D, but at VS they told me I could also try the 32DD (34D's "sister size"). The smaller band is working way better for me - less chafing that way. :)

I agree, I love my VSX sports bras. I have a black one, a grey one, and an aqua one in my rotation.

I have two Champion sports bras that have the gel in the straps. I enjoy them, but they're best for shorter runs since they tend to chafe after a while (non-racerback, standard over-the-shoulder straps).

For super-duper support, Moving Comfort has great bras, but they can be a bit pricey. I don't buy mine at the running store, I find what I like and what fits, then order them on Amazon since I have Prime.

I love Moving Comfort! As Luv2Run said, they are expensive, but occasionally a deal can be found online (especially in non-traditional colors). I'm a cheapskate, but this splurge is worth every penny. My favorite is the Fiona. I swore I could never go without an underwire, but this one changed my mind. It comes in regular bra sizing, and has straps that adjust with velcro in the front, so that it is super easy to adjust. I have never had any problems with chafing.

Running bras are the bane of my existence. Any sales clerk trying to help me find one wishes she had stayed home that day. I hate the racer back bras because my shoulders are broader than my rib cage. When it fits one, it doesn't fit the other. And good luck finding a sports bra that isn't racer back. (and why is it called that? It doesn't help me race any better!). I have a moving comfort that is comfortable but doesn't have great support. I use that one for yoga. It is enough to keep me from falling out during down dog. But it is a pain to get on and off. I have another from moving comfort that gives great support when running but it kills my shoulders and back and getting into it is kind of like getting into a straight jacket. My favorite is from Victoria's Secret. It supports and only mildly hurts my shoulders. It hooks in the front and then has a zipper part of that. BUT, for the first few weeks the ends of the underwire rubbed and gave me blisters. I had to bend them to make them comfortable. AND, it only comes in a few colors so that dark grey looks just fabulous under a white or pink t-shirt. :crazy2: AND, the zipper shows through a thin shirt. When I'm at the gym most people are too busy staring at my pigtails to notice that, but at the grocery store I get all kinds of weird stares. :smooth:

I'm on the smaller side (32B [a small 32C occasionally]) and so haven't had to much trouble. I like the Nike bras and the C9 ones from Target (which were voted best value in Runner's World this month). I'll occasionally try/buy a moving comfort when they are on sale (but in general don't feel they're worth the splurge). Also the lululemon bras are amazing but expensive.

There's actually an article on best running bras in this months running world. It's made me want to try the zensah ones.

I may be the odd one out but I hate the Victoria's Secret Bras. Maybe its because I'm smaller, but the underwire and all the zippers, hooks, etc, just don't appeal to me and I can't imagine running more than 3 miles in them. I tried on one when they were having a sale and it was clear they weren't for me.

I'm a 32DD and wouln't survive without my Moving Comfort Fiona. It's a racerback, and as someone mentioned above, the straps are adjustable.

Adidas Supernova..found it before Princess this year and I really like it. I am on the smaller side and it feels like high support to me.

Running bras are the bane of my existence. Any sales clerk trying to help me find one wishes she had stayed home that day. I hate the racer back bras because my shoulders are broader than my rib cage. When it fits one, it doesn't fit the other. And good luck finding a sports bra that isn't racer back. (and why is it called that? It doesn't help me race any better!). I have a moving comfort that is comfortable but doesn't have great support. I use that one for yoga. It is enough to keep me from falling out during down dog. But it is a pain to get on and off. I have another from moving comfort that gives great support when running but it kills my shoulders and back and getting into it is kind of like getting into a straight jacket. My favorite is from Victoria's Secret. It supports and only mildly hurts my shoulders. It hooks in the front and then has a zipper part of that. BUT, for the first few weeks the ends of the underwire rubbed and gave me blisters. I had to bend them to make them comfortable. AND, it only comes in a few colors so that dark grey looks just fabulous under a white or pink t-shirt. :crazy2: AND, the zipper shows through a thin shirt. When I'm at the gym most people are too busy staring at my pigtails to notice that, but at the grocery store I get all kinds of weird stares. :smooth:

If you are looking for neutral beige bras, they can be hard to find. My fav Panache underwire comes in white, black and colors. The Anita Sports Underwire comes in beige, white and black, but the sizes are much more limited than Panache (but still double or triple the sizes available at VS). The Panache has an optional racer back hook, but I find it more comfortable with just the standard straps.

I'll repeat my recommendation that you make sure you are wearing the right size. Pull out a tape measure, measure snugly around your chest where your bra band should fit. Don't add anything to that number. If that measurement is not close to your current band size, in all likelihood you are wearing a bra with a too large band and too small cup. If you find your bra to not be sufficiently supportive (too large band) or comfortable (too small cup), that could be why. -- Suzanne

I love Moving Comfort! As Luv2Run said, they are expensive, but occasionally a deal can be found online (especially in non-traditional colors). I'm a cheapskate, but this splurge is worth every penny. My favorite is the Fiona. I swore I could never go without an underwire, but this one changed my mind. It comes in regular bra sizing, and has straps that adjust with velcro in the front, so that it is super easy to adjust. I have never had any problems with chafing.

Love Fiona. Also have rebound racer(s) and juno(s). The only thing I don't like about fiona is that it's not racerback - but I think that's what makes it so comfy. I have three fionas and two are in fun colors, so that I feel less odd wearing them with racerback tanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter