Favorite places in the World for beer?

Allybaster

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone!

I work for a craft brewery in the Boston area and my husband and I love craft beer. I know there are many places in the World to get amazing cocktails, but what about beers? I haven't seen much advertised about beer selections.

Can I get a Cigar City beer somewhere? I'm really interested in having beers I cannot get at home.

My husband's the same when it comes to craft beers, that's why he insists on visiting during Food & Wine Festival. However, there is an awesome website for beer fans that also has an App. beersandears.net

Not many good options any more at the F&W festival to be honest..and even fewer beers you cant get in Boston (or just about anywhere).
There is an Irish Whiskey stout at the Scotland booth and Irish Red in the Ireland booth that you dont see around.
The Craft Beer area was very disappointing this year.

They do have a nice selection of unusual beers at Tiffins in AK - but no IPAs - pretty sure they were mostly lagers.
They also have a spiced beer that is Made by Sam Adams that is brewed for Tiffins - not sure it it is really that or just a re-branded small batch Sams
I would not recommend getting more than a sample of it though.
Update: "Tiffins' Kungaloosh Excursion Ale is brewed by Concrete Beach Brewery in Miami, a Boston Beer/Sam Adams" - from Josh at easyWDW

The Wave also have a great selection of beers - nothing you can't get at home though but still a nice selection.

I also think there is one beer in Norway (a Lager) that is not commonly found on draft.

Do check out beersandears.net - but I'm not sure how current it is - the latest news is from September 28th, 2015

Last edited:
I am a big fan of the coffee stout at Raglan Road.

We had Cigar City beer at at Tampa airport, and I know I saw it on the menu somewhere in Orlando, but I don't think it was at Disney.

Not many craft beers in The World. However, last time I was at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach (can't remember which one - and only one of the water parks had it), they had Cigar City Jai Alai in cans. There are also some standard beers, but from interesting places around the world served at different locations. For example, you can get Casa Beer and Tusker at Animal Kingdom. Not sure if it is still there, but there is a beer cart at the US pavilion at EPCOT which had a couple bottled craft brews. Yeah - that's all I got.

They have Cigar City's Jai Alai at the Grand Floridian. We saw that while doing the Monorail bar crawl. A couple of stands in Animal Kingdom have Victory's Golden Monkey as well. Not sure if you've had that. We mainly stuck to cocktails (even though we're big craft beer drinkers) because we found that a lot of the beers were things we've had before or styles we weren't interested in. Have a great time on your trip!!

I was just at the F&W last week, and not being from FLA, I found the Craft beer house very good. I'm not partial to IPAs. I prefer Ciders (not a craft beer I know, but tasty just the same), Lagers, Porters and Ales. I was impressed with Raglan Road's selection over at D.S. Also Big River Grille & Brewing Works is owned by the same company as Gordon Biersch, so should be some good options over there.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! We're going during Marathon weekend and I know a few people who are running for charities in the marathon. I wish there was a way to raise money for a charity for Drinking Around the World! Get $5 pledges for every country or whatever!

Beers and Ears doesn't seem to be available on Android, but it doesn't seem like I'll lack for fun options at the bars.

I was just at the F&W last week, and not being from FLA, I found the Craft beer house very good. I'm not partial to IPAs. I prefer Ciders (not a craft beer I know, but tasty just the same), Lagers, Porters and Ales. I was impressed with Raglan Road's selection over at D.S. Also Big River Grille & Brewing Works is owned by the same company as Gordon Biersch, so should be some good options over there.

If you like ciders and are ever near Salem, MA drop by Far From the Tree. Amazing craft cider

Likewise should you ever find yourself in the Blue Ridge Mtns of VA, please check out Bold Rock cider.

You can find Cigar City stuff at the local Publix's too. Among some other local breweries.

I usually just pop in there (I stay off property), on our way to stock the kitchen.

The Wave has Cigar City Jai Alai... I usually use one of those to chase down my Blantons Old Fashioned that the bartenders are great at mixing! :)

We were also able to get Cigar City Jai Alai at the Boardwalk while we were there. Speaking of the Boardwalk, Big River Grille & Brewing Works is a microbrewery and a great place to get beers you can't get anywhere else. Safari Amber is a beer brewed exclusively for Disney World that you can get at Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Just tried the one at Tiffins a few weeks ago... love it! I really like the Three Daughters (IPA?) that's available at some parks. Specifically Typoon. Of course, at a water park on a hot Florida day, any beer is good!

Hi, everyone!

I work for a craft brewery in the Boston area and my husband and I love craft beer. I know there are many places in the World to get amazing cocktails, but what about beers? I haven't seen much advertised about beer selections.

Can I get a Cigar City beer somewhere? I'm really interested in having beers I cannot get at home.

You probably drive in Vermont, next time go to Foley Brothers in Brandon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter