Favorite Place to eat at AKV?

MarineFam

Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...
We are heading down to AKV to stay for our first trip as DVC Members:cool1: We are leaving on the 28th of June for a week and can't wait. We have been to the World a few times and on DCL so this is going to be one of those do what we can and enjoy the resort trips as we have never stayed there before. Just wondering about some of the best places to eat and other things we should be looking forward to doing and the not to miss things.

There are two sections to AKV, the original hotel, called Jambo House where the AKV rooms are on the 5th floor and club on the 6th floor and Kidani Village where the entire building is AKV.

At Jambo House

Mara - QS
Boma - Buffet
Jiko's - Signature TS
In Room Dining

Boma's is a favorite but the price is going through the roof.

At Kidani Village

Maji Pool Bar - QS with some items that are TS meals for DDP
Sanaa - TS
In Room Dining

Sanaa is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. But you have to like Indian curries and spices with an African flare. If fact most of the restaurants at Animal Kingdom Resort Lodge and Villas are like that.

You can see the menus on Allears.net here.

The only restaurant we've eaten at at AKL/AKV is Boma, so I have nothing to compare it to, but we LOVE Boma. We have eaten there for both breakfast and dinner and loved both meals. For dinner we had a party of 8 and everyone enjoyed it. It was fun trying new foods, but there were plenty of familiar foods, too. DS11 still swears they have the best mac & cheese ever. My favorites were the carrot ginger soup for dinner and the french toast bread pudding for dessert. YUM!

AKL is our home resort, and we've eaten at all of the restaurants there. We used to love Boma, but we were very disappointed the last time we ate there. Maybe it just was a bad night for them, but the food was not the same quality we has enjoyed all of the other times. The soups and desserts still were wonderful, and we'll give them another chance. Breakfast at Boma is supposed to be outstanding, but we never go to breakfast buffets. Jiko's is very good, but even though iJiko's is a signature restaurant, we prefer Sanaa, which we think is one of the best restaurants on property. Mara is very good for a counter service, and we've never had anything there we didn't enjoy.
Be sure to try the night vision binoculars while you are at AKL.

Boma if by far my favorite place to eat whenever I visit WDW. Even if I don't stay at AKV I still try to visit Boma to enjoy dinner.

Boma! Boma! Boma! :)

Dinner and breakfast are both great - and there are 3 different dinner "menus", so different things are available at the buffet every 3-day cycle ...

There are a ton of activities at AKL/AKV - so be sure to check the schedule you will get when checking-in and plan for some "down time" at the resort ...

I LOVE Boma. I've never done Jiko's, but my parents have, and they raved about it. They did the special dinner, though, with like 7 courses and wine and all that nonsense. But I'm sure it's all good.

We definitely plan on quite a bit of down time at the resort this first time staying there. Trying to get to learn our way around the resort and relax a bit this time. Can't wait to explore. So excited:banana:

First choice- Sanaa!!!
Next Jiko
Boma last because it's a buffet, and I'm not fond of buffets.

Personally believe Saana, for atmosphere, food, and service, is one of the very best WDW restaurants. However, Boma, one the best buffet restaurants on site, is the ideal and safest choice particularly for first stay there because it provides American style fare in addition to the northern african style found at Saana and mostly at Jiko's, which some may not find a liking to. The one thing I always remember is that Boma always has four to five different, excellent soups available at dinner.

We love love love Sanaa, we liked but didn't love Boma was too big busy and noisy for me and I thought the food was ok but nothing great.

I love all of the restaurants at AKV! We try to do breakfast at Boma on our departure day. In November, we have a 2:30pm flight. With an anticipated 11:30am DME pickup, I booked a 10:15am ADR. That gives the two of us time to eat breakfast and head out without too much down time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter