Favorite Place for Dinner at World's Showcase

Drew*smom

Earning My Ears
Need ideas for great dinner place at World's Showcase...we are traveling with a 5 and 2 year old and would like a sit down place.

Thanks!

When are you going? If it is soon, it may be easier to inquire what restaurants still have seating available in the time frame that you are wanting.

I don't think I would do Germany. Personally, we didn't enjoy the food. The main reason, though is that it is a buffett and those seem more difficult with little ones.

We have really enjoyed Germany in past trips....Kids loved the Oompah band, the decor and trying stuff from the buffet.

This year we are trying Teppan Edo in Japan...think the kids will get a kick out of the chef cooking and flipping food around right at the table. This will be a totally different experience compared to a character meal, perhaps a bit of a surprise since they haven't ever seen anything like it.

We have also eaten in Mexico, before the rehab...hopefully the food got better. The ambience is beautiful, but you can't eat ambience~! It is also dark, so better for a romantic dinner.

We have also done the Garden Grill character meal and I think that was our most *meh* experience....it should have been cool to see characters in a revolving restaurant, but not so much.

So, this is a bit long winded, but I have high hopes for Japan, because so far the food around the world restaurants has been completely average. I do think the counter service is pretty good tho!!

The Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom!

My kids LOVE the fish and chips...and Mom and Dad love the beer!:cool1:

Biergarten in Germany!! Our kids love it. The environment is great and the food is kid friendly.

If you have little girls though, Akershus in Norway is a better option. The food is not fantastic, but the princesses are there. Little girls love princesses.

Another vote for Biergarten. I have found with little ones that they eat best at buffets and there are "Brat diet" type foods that appeal to little ones, meats, breads, lots of finger food options.

We like the food there.. but we are not near many German Restaurants here at home so we may not be as picky!

I see you want sit down.. probably Rose and Crown then. I don't like the food myself, but there are kid friendly foods!

At those ages my kids' favourite was Marrakesh in Morrocco. it is ALWAYS calm and not so crowded in there and they needed the break from the crowds. And they loved to watch the belly dancer.

Otherwise I also think Biergarten and Tepan Edo are good ones for the age.

My kids LOVE the Biergarten. They always eat a lot and then dance and dance and dance with the band while dh finishes his beer.... it's really one of the most relaxing parts of our trip and everyone always enjoys it. It's so nice b/c they can get up and move around and not have to sit still the whole time....

We also like the Princess lunch in Norway....

It's not that different, but I vote for Italy. Both our kids were 2 years old on our first family trip. We ate in Italy with my DH's coworker and wife the first night at WDW. The restaurant was very nice but relaxed, and extremely family friendly towards our 2 year olds (quick appetizers for little ones, bringing their food early to table, quick with the check, etc.). :thumbsup2

Another vote for marrakesh. The food was delish. It wasn't crowded and our son loved watching the musicians and the belly dancer.

We are big fans of Teppen/Hibachi food, but were not impressed with Japan's food. We are going again in May, and will probably try Germany.

We have a two-year old DD.

All of them!!!

I think the only places we haven't eaten at epcot are Italy, France, and Mexico (my dh isnt' that into mexicn food). We are taking care of France this year :)

We haven't had an ounce of complaint about any of the choices from my kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter