Favorite place for breakfast

alohamom

DIS Veteran
Where is your favorite place for breakfast in and around WDW? We are staying at Sheraton Vistana Villages on International drive so I have a well equipped kitchen for most mornings but we plan to go out for a few. I have a pretty good idea of what is around there as we have stayed at this Sheraton before but just thought I would throw this out to see if anyone suggests someplace interesting or just a particular favorite. We went did the Boma breakfast last year and although the food was ok, our service was just terrible so it kinda wrecked that who experience. Because of this my DH is a little leary of spending extra to eat in a Disney resort, although we did LOVE Ohanas character breakfast a few years ago. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for any input! :D

Our favourite places for breakfast:
Chef Mickeys
Cinderella's Castle
Norway in Epcot Princess Breakfast

We did the Princess story book breakfast last week for the second time (Loving it the first), and $120.00 later I can tell you we won't be doing it again. Maybe it was the time of day, we had an 11:40 PS, but the characters were rushed, the food was offered in Qtys that were far too small to even go around our table of small eaters once, it took forever to refill. I ask for some condiments for my bacon (ok, Ketchup) and it came about 10 mins after the bill did...... I squeeled at the manager (in a very professional and nice way) and he sighed and knocked 20% off..... For us, this time round, it was not worth it.

This trip, and a trip in August we added Donald's breakfastsarus (It was my least sought after PS for a long time) but now, I got to say I like it. It's not stuffy, it's fun, the characters are great (ok, so no princesses, but you may get all 5 of the fab 5!) and the food is good.

Breakfasaraus gets my vote...... (Also gets you a good chance to do Kilmanajaro fast and early)

Anyway you decide....ENJOY!!

We stayed at the Vistana last Oct. out on the hwy/road in the front (Hwy 535, I think) there are a few breakfast places however on your way to WDW there are lots of places to eat at. We usually had breakie at the villa.

I've heard breakfest buffet at Wilderness lodge is good and also good value.

I've had breafast at both Chef Mickey's and Princess Story book (x2) and like Chef Mickeys better.

Tonga Toast at the Kona Kafe at the Polynesian. Mmmmmmm.....

I love Chef Mickey's so we are doing that one this trip but we are also going to try Crystal palace(love the elegant look), and Cape may at the Beach club for that whole beach feeling.

I hear that the breakfast at Boatwright's at POR is really good.

Also, the rainforest cafe at AK has a good menu for breakfast.

And, since you are staying off site - Denny's is always good! (There new stuffed pancakes are excellent).

puckerup:

What is Trails inn (FW) like for Breakfast.. thinking of going there my last day before we go back to the airport.. is it filling? ..hoping to last until Dinner for us adults on that. my kids will need to eat but I can last a long time on breakfast.. lol

Chef Mickey's is one of my favourites but if you like Pooh and company, Crystal Palace is great as well. For a quiet non-character breakfast, try 'Ohana :)

If you're talking about outside WDW, you can't go wrong with IHOP (Int'l House of Pancakes) ...which I don't recall ever seeing in Canada on my travels there, (but I wish they'd get up there)...a great breakfast haunt!

Recently had friends from Ontario visit us in New Jersey for a week, and ended up having breakfast there one day...the report from the Cdns was outstanding...they marvelled at the entire experience...here are some things they said in "Zagat style"...

"best and biggest omelet I ever had"
"I've never seen a steak omelet before"
"love the flavored syrups...especially boysenberry"
They also were blown away that the omelet serving included a stack of pancakes (no add'l charge)

They also have a mean chicken ceasar salad and sourdough burger for lunch/dinner considerations!

Hope this helps!

Hello alohamom,
I went to IHOP with a friend on my last trip and at the suggestion of her Husband I tried the butter pecan(?) syrup and it is truly heaven in a jug!!
Also on this trip I was surprised with a Cinderella's Castle breakfast which was really great. I had heard only so-so remarks about the Castle but we had a great meal.
Hope you have a great time!! Wish I was going back.
Wenabre

bunnyfoo...we had breakfast at O'hanas in February and Mickey, chip, Dale and Goofy were there...maybe it has changed since then...anyway, we enjoyed the food and the character interaction was very good, not rushed.

alohamom...I still have to vote for Cinderella's castle...may be a little expensive and hard to get a PS, but the food was good and of course, it is in THE castle with the princesses princess: princess:

Off-site: Cracker Barrel. There's one on Irlo Bronson about 5-10 minutes from VV. Just take 535 down to Irlo Bronson and turn right. It's right across the street from the big orange. They are very friendly and efficient and the food is good and not expensive (don't much care for their lunch menu but we always do at least one breakfast there). The bacon is awesome, their fried apples are a nice treat and the coffee is good.

On-site: Kona Cafe, I guess. The food is good and the coffee is great. Either that or an early ps in Crystal Palace on a non-EMH day at MK. If you are out by 9 am then you've got a head start on the rest of the crowd that is just getting though the gates at the end of Mainstreet.

Canadave said:
bunnyfoo...we had breakfast at O'hanas in February and Mickey, chip, Dale and Goofy were there...maybe it has changed since then...anyway, we enjoyed the food and the character interaction was very good, not rushed.

I meant to say Kona Cafe ... hehehehe :) :blush: I'm not sure why I said 'Ohana :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter