Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Epcot

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Dhs

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
last week I asked everybody which park do you spend the least time at? This time I am changing things up. I'm asking everybody which Park do you like to visit the most on your arrival day. Looking forward to hearing your answers.

It depends on what resort we are staying at. If we are staying at a MK resort it will be MK. If it is a Epcot resort it will be Epcot. If its AKL it would be AK, but we also normally have Park Hoppers, so we can have options. Normally, its MK or Epcot.

Moderators please move to theme parks I thought I posted this in thst area...tia

Forever and always Magic Kingdom first! We don’t usually get in a full day, but hopping on a couple rides and watching the fireworks is the best way to kick off a vacation. And the feel in Magic Kingdom is so celebratory - there’s nothing better.

We have no "go to park" on arrival day. Various things might determine where we end up going on our first day. It could be whatever dining reservations we were able to line up or how our fast passes worked out for us.
I know this year we went to Disney Hollywood on our first day. Last year we went to Epcot on our first day because we were able to get a morning reservation at Garden Grill for breakfast.
It definitely feels more like a Disney vacation once you step into the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

We have no "go to park" on arrival day. Various things might determine where we end up going on our first day. It could be whatever dining reservations we were able to line up or how our fast passes worked out for us.
I know this year we went to Disney Hollywood on our first day. Last year we went to Epcot on our first day because we were able to get a morning reservation at Garden Grill for breakfast.
It definitely feels more like a Disney vacation once you step into the Magic Kingdom.
We are the same. It depends. Things like NPH doing the CP decided our Epcot day, The MVMCP decided our MK day because we wanted to see HEA. We take EMH into account too. This year it ended up being AK, we are going twice so I am not too stressed about getting FOP FP.

No longer any set rules. An arrival date park visit is predicated on locale of hotel (monorail or Epcot area), what form of transport we used to get to Orlando ( Amtrak or plane) and what if any FPs we were able to score. Our forthcoming trip we'll be staying at a new to us hotel (BWI) and decided no FPs or parks for arrival date as we'll be eating dinner @ DS and will explore that area instead.
Another factor is whether we have APs or a package with a limited amount of park entries. Now that we have unlimited access to the parks I feel freer to skip park days.

We don't normally do a park on arrival day, but I voted for MK because it's always our first park (and last, if it's a long enough trip for 2 visits). I don't feel like the vacation has really started until I walk down Main St towards the castle!

Magic Kingdom. I'm not AT Disney World until I step foot in the MK and see the castle.

We also do it as our last park. This trip that may change. I added on a day of tickets on departure day. Our flight is at 10 pm. DD's favorite park is DHS so I made FP+ there (an extra SDC FP+!). I'm trying to step into the MK for at least an hour after DHS and before DME. We will have been at MK PM EMH the night before but I really want MK to be our last park but I don't know if it'll happen.

Usually Epcot because it is our favorite park, but it sometimes depends on what day of the week we arrive.

I never do arrival day at a park. Too much could possibly go wrong (delayed flight, traffic, etc.) so instead, I try to hit DS for some EOS. (Although, a delayed flight screwed that plan and had pizza at the ASM food court instead.)

My first park is usually determined by seasonal events and EMH options. I'm a Open-Close person, so I like to maximize my time in the parks. Especially Epcot and MK. This past trip, I started with Hollywood Studios.

Depends. It can be the park closed to our resort. Most times, we skip the parks on the day we arrive, enjoy Disney Springs and have a resort afternoon/evening.

We generally arrive around 1pm, we usually have lunch at Olivia's and then head over to Epcot. I like to face MK either early in the morning or very late in the day, otherwise too crowded.

For the arrival date, I think the Magic Kingdom is too hectic to handle on an opening day. I would normally say Epcot, but I'm finding the Animal Kingdom to be more relaxing at night. I'd choose that and just enjoy Tree of Life Awakenings and Pandora at night.

We always skip the parks on arrival day, as we like to relax and unwind. I will say, though, we always do MK first, as it doesn't feel as though our trip truly "starts" until we see Cinderella Castle.

Always MK. I can’t say it’s my favorite, but it is the most magical. Last year when we to DLR, I did DCA on arrival day by myself. Mostly to have a drink or two and experience a park I hadn’t been to. Turned out to be a minor mistake. I had driventhe whole way from the SLC area and we left at 3 am. So a couple of beers in and I was ready to sleep. It was till great to see Radiator Springs after dark and ride California Screamin’. And then go to sleep.

Although we always have an early flight, by the time we check in it’s way past opening at MK, so we head over to Epcot and the WS for some yummy lunch, then stroll around. We usually are there for F&WF or F&GF, so we browse the food booths and enjoy the scenery.

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter