• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

favorite noncharacter dining with kids?

babyruth

for the first time in forever
going pre-cruise and will see many characters then so we don't need character meals. 2 kids this trip boy 18 and girl 6. what are your favorites that are entertaining without characters?

Beaches and Cream has the fun factor of ordering the "Kitchen Sink" ice cream extravaganza.
Not sure if you are going to the parks, but we had so much with the kids at Teppan Edo in Epcot watching the Teppanyaki chef do her show, and it tasted amazing to boot!

Not sure it's on your time schedule. But the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Ft Wilderness campground would give you entertainment and good food. There are three shows daily, each one averages 2 hours. Lot of fun and each show is a little different.

If you take the boat from Magic Kingdom to the Ft. Pioneer Hall is within walking distance.

Raglan Road for sure. The entertainment is lots of fun to watch and take in. Sci-Fi is also great in Hollywood Studios. Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk always ends up being one of our favorites for dinner as well.

Liberty Tree and Skipper Canteen in MK, Yak n Yeti in AK, Boma and Sanaa (view of animals) in AK resort, San Angel Inn in Epcot.

Another vote for Olivers at OKW. Food is very good and the kids can walk around outside if they get restless.

Sci Fi, Rainforest Cafe, ESPN (w/ dessert at Ample Hills), Whispering Canyon

My kids love Le Cellier. Mac N Cheese is one of their favorites, which is on the kids menu, along with steak, and the Moose dessert!!

Last edited:
Sanaa can be fun with kids because of the animal viewing area right outside. My kids love the naan appetizer with all the dips.

I’d also recommended Biergarten and ‘Ohana for kids.

My kids loved Beaches & Cream. They weren't sure when they first entered it because it is small and they were not used to seeing that at Disney. But it turned out to be one of their best meals. They also liked The Plaza Restaurant. Again, they weren't sure about it when they first entered because it is small, but ended up liking the food. Also at both restaurants the staff had more time to interact with you and we all enjoyed being able to have time to speak with our waitress & chef. (Our youngest has a food allergy, so we always met the chef. But the chef at the Plaza Restaurant talked to us longer on topics other than our daughter's food allergy.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter