Favorite MK Resort for Breakfast

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm taking my boyfriend to WDW for a short weekend away. I thought a yummy breakfast before we head home would be nice. So out of WL, GF, CR and Poly, what restaurant would you choose? We prefer non-character meals.

TIA!

I would probably choose Kona Cafe. I've never tried the Wave though, and it looks interesting. :goodvibes

I second Kona Cafe at the Poly. The Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut Pancakes are to die for. We also did the Wave. It was good, but Kona was better. The best part about the Wave was we didn't need a reservation and were able to just walk right up.

The GF may be our favorite resort, but for breakfast, we love the Kona Cafe at the Poly, or the Wave at the CR. Both have great breakfast menus, and at the Wave, you can do the limited, but truly delicious, buffet if you want. I read about how good the sweet potato pancakes were, and we were not disappointed! They are also available a la carte...we love some variety with breakfast, though, so opted for the buffet, which was great.

Kona is a new favorite breakfast spot for us, too. It's never crowded (shhh!), and the more tropical choices make it a nice change of pace.

:sunny:

The breakfast we had at 1900 Park Fare in June was fantastic. Yes, it's characters, but the buffet food itself was excellent and includes an omelet bar. The atmosphere in the Grand Floridian is grand and such a nice place to be on a sunny morning. :sunny:

If you didn't want characters I would recommend Kona Cafe. However, if you are willing to go to a character breakfast I would highly recommend 1900 Park Fare at GF. The food is delicious and there are tons of choices since it is a buffet.

I realize that it is not on your list, but we love Boma at the AKL. It's a must do breakfast every trip!

Another vote for Kona Cafe. The pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are delicious. For a big eater or enough to share the Big Kahuna is another great choice.

Kona Cafe! Yum! We do it almost every trip...once for breakfast, once for lunch! But I have to say ya'll have me curious about 1900 PF. We're not character people either....but something new might be fun!

If you're willing to jump the boat over to Fort Wilderness; I just adore the buffet at Trail's End. It's always quiet; relaxed but has a really decent selection of foods.

We love the GF Cafe for breakfast - it's light and airy decor - you can see the lovely grounds of the GF - breakfast food has always been great - and the Grand Mimosa YUMMY - :woohoo:

Second choice is Kona Cafe - never tried the tonga toast though - but if great coffee is your thing - Kona is THE place in the morning....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter