Favorite / Least Favorite Resorts

I haven't stayed at many but:
Least: Pop, I thought it was okay but DH hated it.
Favorite: POR, it was so pretty....

This is our personal preference.

Our favorite is AKV

2nd favorite: BLT
3rd favorite: BCV

We didn't like Caribbean Beach Resort

:)

Favorite- GF though BC is a very close second.
Least- Pop The pools are small and crowded. Plus our room door actually opened and hit the bed. It was just too small. :headache:

We haven't stayed in too many onsite resorts, but…

Value: Prefer ASMu over POP; ASMu seems smaller, easier to get around, less noisy- just preferred the atmosphere in general at ASMu.

Moderate: Liked both CSR and POFQ, for different reasons. I guess CSR gets the nod, but just barely.

DVC: Stayed at OKW and did not enjoy it. It seemed too much like every offsite Florida condo resort we've ever stayed in; nothing really special about it for us.

NOW I am trying to decide where to stay for DD's 21 birthday celebration. We are going during her fall break in October (11-15) 2014; she's talked for years of eating/drinking through Food and Wine Festival for her 21st! Trying to decide between BWV and AKV (will rent points for studio room for DH, DD, myself). Love BW and the location, especially for F&W, but AKL is our dream resort… savannah view, of course!!

Favorite: Poly (pre construction) Beautiful views, quiet

Least favorite: WL - Had a BAD CLub Level experience with under-staffing and lack of maintenance. Even with a room change we had mal-functioning equipment. Lounge service was awful.

Favorite: AKL & POFQ
Least Favorite: SSR

I would gladly take All-Stars or POP over SSR any day, hands down.

My favorite are the Port Orleans resorts. I find them to be the best bang for the buck.

1. Peaceful, relaxing, resort atmosphere.
2. Good food court
3. Boat to DTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Nice mid range price (I don't use a lot of the deluxe perks so paying for MOD fits use to price the best when I'm not doing a value stay.)

Least Favorite is Art of Animation

1. Noisy crowded hyper not relaxing at all (I've stayed at other values and like them better), and I'm not a fan of giant icon themeing and Ursula skeeved me out. LOL
2. AoA food court was okay but I didn't think it was better or worse than any other value quality wise, and it was a little more time consuming.
3. Worse bus service I've ever had but that is kind of the nature of bus service but with that number of people there should have been more buses/stops.
4. I don't mind value stays, and I've done a few but LM rooms are more than other values and it didn't seem worth it to me.

I've stayed at the Grand Floridian, the Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Boardwalk, POR, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Swan, and Fort Wilderness.

Favorite: Poly
Least Favorite: Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs

Our favorite is WL. Also like Beach Club at Epcot.

Least favorite, POP and AOA. Never stayed at the all-stars, but guess that values just are not our cup of tea.

Stayed at POFQ last year, bus service was great but prefer the themeing of the deluxes.

Of the four I've stayed at, from favorite to least favorite:

Coronado Springs - fantastic, would go back in a heartbeat!

Caribbean Beach - also quite nice

Saratoga Springs - just ok, theming wasn't my thing, wouldn't pay my own money to stay here (this was a trip with the in-laws)

All Star Music - also just ok, it's a value, it is what it is. Theming was a little cheesy, walls a little thin, and we fried in the sun at the uncovered bus stop. But you get all the onsite perks and with our room-only discount, we paid less to stay here per night than we paid to board our dog at her admittedly frou-frou kennel, so I definitely can't complain! :thumbsup2

#1 for me:

Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am on a mini vacation within my vacation there. And I love talking to the CM's from Africa about their country.

I can't really list a least favorite because I've had great stays everywhere I've been.

Right now my favorite is Beach club but I'm staying at the Poly next summer and heard great things about it.

Least favorite: Pop century. It was so bad we moved offsite rather than stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter