Favorite (Free) I-Phone Apps?

diznee25

Disney all the time
I'll be getting an I-Phone here in a few days, and I'm super excited...this is my first Smart Phone. :cheer2: DH and I have been using our pay-as-you-go cell phones and have been teased by friends/coworkers for years regarding our "cheap" phones. (Hey, it was what we could afford at the time!) So now we join the new technology of apps!

I've been surfing I-phone apps this afternoon....my brain is about to explode. There are so many apps, and things I never dreamed you could do with cell phones! (I guess that's why they're "Smart Phones.") Sorry, bad joke. :rotfl2:

Anyway, what are your favorite free apps?

diznee25

I have so many I hardly know where to start to tell you!
I did get one new one this morning called Poynt. I heard about it on our local news this morning. It has yellow pages and a lot of info about things near you. The first thing I saw on it was some really good savings on some of our favorite local restaurants.
Another free one that I use a lot is Checkpoints. You use it to scan items in store and get points and "coins". Then you use the "coins" to play games to gain more points. I've been doing that for few months and have over 26,000 points so far. That's enough for $75 in Amazon gift cards with some left over.
Of course the Disney app is free and there are several Disney games for free. :)
There are tons of free ones and I have tons of them. I'll have to look at them and see what all other ones that I have that were free

Pandora is pretty much my number one free app. After that: iBooks, Kindle app, Dictionary, ESPNs Sportscenter app, Shazam("listens" to a song and tells you artist,etc.), Social Networking like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, RedLaser(scan an items barcode in store and see how it compares to prices online and other stores), iHandy Level(level tool).

That's most of the ones I use regularly.

My latest favorite is Key Ring. You scan in all those annoying rewards cards cluttering your wallet and then just hold up your phone for the cashier to scan. My wallet is so much lighter now! :cool1:

I'm a recent convert myself :goodvibes

Best thing I've done in a long time! I heart my Iphone, and it's only a 3GS. I don't have tons of apps yet but in addition to the ones mentioned I have a Redbox app that is handy, and I LOVE these games - Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends, and my newest obsession Scramble. Oh, and I have an Ipad for work and on that I really like Flipboard. In the Apps store who can look at the top rated charts for free apps, it's an easy way to look through them.

I love these threads I always ting something new and cool. Giving credit to another dis er for listing it a different free thread. I have to go with waze. Its a free gps app that works really well. Love it. Also
Like Pandora, words with friends, kindle app and free app.a day although I may not always get app offered everyday I do get them often enough to make it worthwhile to have the app.

One of my favorites to play around with is Snapbucket. You are able to change the coloring and do some cool things with photos once you take them!

I have so many I hardly know where to start to tell you!
I did get one new one this morning called Poynt. I heard about it on our local news this morning. It has yellow pages and a lot of info about things near you. The first thing I saw on it was some really good savings on some of our favorite local restaurants.
Another free one that I use a lot is Checkpoints. You use it to scan items in store and get points and "coins". Then you use the "coins" to play games to gain more points. I've been doing that for few months and have over 26,000 points so far. That's enough for $75 in Amazon gift cards with some left over.
Of course the Disney app is free and there are several Disney games for free. :)
There are tons of free ones and I have tons of them. I'll have to look at them and see what all other ones that I have that were free

Thanks for telling me about Checkpoints. I went to the website, but I still have a question. Do you have to purchase the items you scan? Or do I just go through the store, scan items, and put them back on the shelf?

I read some reviews of this app on Itunes, and was surprised to find many people complaining about this app. Some have had their points were taken away after scanning an incorrect item, or others weren't able to redeem their points for rewards..... Just wondering if you had any problems?

My latest favorite is Key Ring. You scan in all those annoying rewards cards cluttering your wallet and then just hold up your phone for the cashier to scan. My wallet is so much lighter now! :cool1:

I was about to go out and buy a larger wallet because I have so many of those reward cards! :lmao: Now I don't have to....this app will definitely come in handy. :goodvibes

Pandora is pretty much my number one free app. After that: iBooks, Kindle app, Dictionary, ESPNs Sportscenter app, Shazam("listens" to a song and tells you artist,etc.), Social Networking like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, RedLaser(scan an items barcode in store and see how it compares to prices online and other stores), iHandy Level(level tool).

That's most of the ones I use regularly.

I had to tell my husband about the iHandy Level tool...what an awesome app!

Thanks everyone for posting. I've really enjoyed looking up all these apps. And I'm making a list of ones I want on my iphone. :cloud9:

Please keep posting your favorite apps!

Thanks,
diznee25

I'm a recent convert myself :goodvibes

Best thing I've done in a long time! I heart my Iphone, and it's only a 3GS. I don't have tons of apps yet but in addition to the ones mentioned I have a Redbox app that is handy, and I LOVE these games - Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends, and my newest obsession Scramble. Oh, and I have an Ipad for work and on that I really like Flipboard. In the Apps store who can look at the top rated charts for free apps, it's an easy way to look through them.

I'm getting a 3gs too! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to start playing games on my iPhone. Angry Birds, and Words with Friends are at the top of my list. I'll have to check out that Redbox app....we do Redbox a lot!

diznee25

Shopkick is one where you earn rewards by scanning items. It even has som coupons for some stores. Facebook, Around Me, all the free Disney lines apps, Errands, Target, Etsy, Myfitness pal, Pandora

Instragram and Camera + (photography aps with cool filters)
Flashlight (uses your camera flash as a flashlight)
Kindle
AP Mobile (news)
Pocketpedia (dictionary)
IMDB
Flixter/Movies
Netflix
PBS
Waze
Geocaching
Google Earth
SkyView Free
SnapTell
Key Ring
Tag Reader
Evernote
Field Agent (make $)
Open Table
Yelp
Urbanspoon
Around Me
Where

Fitness:
Sports Tracker
iMap My Hike
Loose It!
All Trails

Travel:
Trip It
Gate Guru
Kayak
Travel Zoo
Packing
At The Booth (Broadway Tickets)
London Tube
Paris Metro
WDW Dining
WDW Waits
WDW Hours
Translate
Waze

Music:
Tunein Radio (Many great radio stations)
Pandora
Pocket Tunes
Public Radio
Emergency Radio
Sound Hound
Audiogalaxy (you can listen to/stream your music on your home computer to your iPhone)
Ambiance (thousands of sounds)

Games: (some of these will have a charge or be free off and on)
Angry Birds (Seasons and Rio too)
Hidden Everest
Zen Bound
Pocket God
Dokobots
Temple Run
Scrabble Free
Words With Friends Free
Tetris
Labyrinth

Nice thing about the Red Box app is even if you are right at the machine if you use the Reb box app you save like 29 cents a DVD

I like

Cnn
Google Search
google voice for free texting
Voxer and hey tell
Kindle app
Trip it
Sound hound
Espn
Dragon

Scary thing is I would hate to try and calculate how many paid apps I have.

Have fun!

Yea, I was afraid to ask about the paid apps because I could see myself spending a ton of money! ;)

Nice to know about saving $.29 with Red Box app, that's great. :thumbsup2

diznee25

Sorry, made a typo, it's 1.00 for redbox if you use app savings of .20 cents

Silly 9 is too close to 0

Yea, I was afraid to ask about the paid apps because I could see myself spending a ton of money! ;)

Nice to know about saving $.29 with Red Box app, that's great. :thumbsup2

diznee25

Thanks for telling me about Checkpoints. I went to the website, but I still have a question. Do you have to purchase the items you scan? Or do I just go through the store, scan items, and put them back on the shelf?

I read some reviews of this app on Itunes, and was surprised to find many people complaining about this app. Some have had their points were taken away after scanning an incorrect item, or others weren't able to redeem their points for rewards..... Just wondering if you had any problems?
Sorry! I just noticed you asked me a question I never answered. I also just noticed that you're the same person that just got me hooked on the Viggle app!:rotfl:
No, you don't have to purchase the items. You just put them back on the shelf.
I haven't really had too many problems loosing points. Sometimes when they first add an item it takes a while for it to recognize it. I haven't tried to cash out yet. I should be ready to try to cash out for the Wal Mart gift card in a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter