Favorite Christmas CD

Bearvet

DIS Veteran
A few years ago on the DIS someone posted about the Straight No Chaser CDs, so I bought both of them and absolutely LOVE them. Some other more "recent" ones I like are Barenaked Ladies and Trans Siberian Orchestra. I have the classics too (Mitch Miller, etc) but I'm looking for some of the more current holiday CDs - do you have any suggestions? Anyone have the new Rod Stewart one? Lady Antebellum?

I don't have any Mannheim Steamroller....

I have Celtic Women, Josh Groban, but they're not my favorites. I like to treat myself to a new CD each year, but not sure what to get this year. Which ones do you like? Thanks!

My favorite is brad paisley's. It's a nice mix of classics and new songs. Olivia newton John and John travolta have a brand new Christmas cd that I don't have and haven't heard, but it's something I'd like for this year.

Bette Midler's Cool Yule, she does an awesome Christmas version of From A Distance!! My friends all make fun of me, but I :lovestruc Bette

Bearvet said:
A few years ago on the DIS someone posted about the Straight No Chaser CDs, so I bought both of them and absolutely LOVE them. Some other more "recent" ones I like are Barenaked Ladies and Trans Siberian Orchestra. I have the classics too (Mitch Miller, etc) but I'm looking for some of the more current holiday CDs - do you have any suggestions? Anyone have the new Rod Stewart one? Lady Antebellum?

I don't have any Mannheim Steamroller....

I have Celtic Women, Josh Groban, but they're not my favorites. I like to treat myself to a new CD each year, but not sure what to get this year. Which ones do you like? Thanks!

Anything by Manheim Steamroller or Michael Buble's new xmas CD.

We have a few that are our go to albums, Bob Dylan's "Christmas In the Heart" is by far my favorite Christmas CD ever, the song "Must be Santa" is a favorite dance party song in our house, its fun and a upbeat song. Though the decortating the tree album is the Charlie Brown Vince Guaraldi sound tract. DH has a soft spot for the Twisted Sister Xmas album though too.

Mannheim Steamroller- Christmas ; Fresh Aire Christmas. I like all of theirs :)
2010-they were at Universal Studios so we got to see them as part of the admission to US. Loved it!

Reliant K has a good one

James Taylor A Christmas Album

I have one that is just a Dulcimer Christmas album that I like.

I have to through out there Elvis' Christmas album

If just getting one, I'd say Mannheim Steamroller. Either of the two above are really nice.

One of my weaknesses is buying Christmas CD's. I have too many but buy new ones every year.

This year I bought Scotty McCreery, Jewel, Brad Paisley, and Tony Bennett.

I started buying Christmas albums (back when they WERE vinyl albums) in 1975 and have added new ones every year.

My all-time favorite is the first one The Waltons made, back in the 70's. I have it on vinyl but also recorded it onto cassette and still listen to it every season. :) They made a new Christmas CD a few years ago, have that one and love it too. I also love the ones by Mannheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra too.

I love all kinds of Christmas music. Traditional, new, rock, country, celtic, instrumental, etc. etc.

Josh Groban has an awesome Christmas album. He covers "I'll be home for Christmas" that I swear will have everyone crying.

Of course my favorite is a classic. Johnny Mathis Christmas. anyone will do as long as it's got "winter wonderland" on it.

lastly, it cannot be Christmas without "A charlie brown christmas" soundtrack. It will make anyone have a Cool Yule

I have several Christmas CD's and my all time favorite is Vince Gill's "Let There Be Peace on Earth". Wonderful!

Can't go wrong with Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas or the Transiberian Orchestra stuff. I really enjoy instrumental guitar focused Christmas tunes. Some to check out:

- Merry Axemas vol 1 & 2
- Gary Hoey's Ho Ho Hoey
- Steve Lukather's Santamental
- Brian Setzer's Christmas Comes Alive and Christmas Rocks

If lyou like hard rock, another great CD is 'We Wish you a Metal Xmas'. It's got rock/metal greats like Lemmy, Dio, Dave Grohl and Alice Cooper doing holiday standards.

You already covered Straight No Chaser, so I'll have to submit the Rat Pack Christmas. Can't put my hands on it right now for the exact title, but it is a fun one. So much so that DD loaded it on her laptop, along w/ the Straight No Chaser stuff, and she's got people popping into her dorm room because she's "got the best Christmas music playing."

George Winston...December
released in 1982, Beautiful piano music....really, a classic.

Chris Botti....he can make his trumpet sound like a voice singing Ava Maria.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter