Favorite Be our guest lunch

How long have you had to wait in line for lunch? I have an ADR for dinner in March, but we're on the dining plan, and right now, I have too many TS booked. I'd rather switch to going there for lunch, but I'm nervous about having to wait in line forever. I don't want to waste valuable park time doing that!!! I definitely want to eat at BOG though, one way or the other.

When we went last month we were almost at the end of the bridge and only waited about 20 minutes.

How long have you had to wait in line for lunch? I have an ADR for dinner in March, but we're on the dining plan, and right now, I have too many TS booked. I'd rather switch to going there for lunch, but I'm nervous about having to wait in line forever. I don't want to waste valuable park time doing that!!! I definitely want to eat at BOG though, one way or the other.

When in March? As the month goes on it will most likely get busier with Spring Breaks and Easter at the end of the month. Depending on the time of year you could see almost no waits to people lining up at 9AM for the 10:30 AM opening (yes, this did happen during the holiday season).

I would walk past about 9:30/9:45 and see what it looks like. Decide then if it is worth getting in line.

jwfla422, the quiche wasn't bad, it was just ok. It was the least favorite dish of the items we had. The crust was nice but overall just lacked flavor. I think it would have been better if the salad that was served with it had more dressing on it, it lacked dressing/flavor as well. It was my DD's dish and she is somewhat picky about quiche since we have a lovely little French bakery locally that makes delicious little quiches.
I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it by any means, we just liked the other things we had much better.

When we went in November, we waited on line for 25 minutes. Beginning of January, 40 minutes
for lunch. We had a dinner reservation in January and waited 20 minutes after checking in.
We just look at waiting as part of the experience, like you would for an attraction. It's not just dining, it's an experience. It's worth waiting for to see it all.

We will be there the first week in March. Does the crowd thin for lunch at BOG toward mid-afternoon (e.g., 2:00 pm)? What time do they stop serving lunch?

Thanks

No need to get in line as early as I have seen some people do - unless you want to eat early.

We were there this past Sunday, supposedly a 6.0 day on the TouringPlans crowd calender. Went to lunch around 12:15 - the line was across the bridge and around the corner halfway to Gaston's fountain. CM was telling everyone it was a 90 minute wait at that point but we knew better and got in line. A 25, mebbe 30 minute wait tops and we were at the front door. Ordered and done eating another 30 minutes after that.

Just schedule a 60-70 minute lunch and you should be ok.

Also, you get your food very quickly after you order, so you are not waiting very long at all after you find a table. You pretty much are eating right after you get to order.

DH, DD, and I ate there in November. I had the Croque Monsieur and fries (which I split with DD- she is only 2 and wouldn't have eaten any of the kids' menu items). The sandwich was very good and large. There was more than enough to share with her. DH also had a couple of bites. The fries were normal park fries- good but nothing fancy. I also had the french onion soup. It was very good.

DH had the steak sandwich. It was very dry and not so good. He really didn't care for it. I took one bite and that was enough for me. We shared a strawberry cupcake and chocolate cream puff. The cupcake was really good the cream puff was ok.

We got in line at 11. It took about 20 min. to get through the line. It was at the end of the bridge when we got in line. Our food was served very quickly after we ate.

When in March? As the month goes on it will most likely get busier with Spring Breaks and Easter at the end of the month. Depending on the time of year you could see almost no waits to people lining up at 9AM for the 10:30 AM opening (yes, this did happen during the holiday season).

I would walk past about 9:30/9:45 and see what it looks like. Decide then if it is worth getting in line.

We'll be there March 1-7. The resort rates increase March 8, so I'm hoping we're beating most of the spring break crowds. fingers crossed!

looking forward to our BoG lunch this Sunday ... what kind of sauce/spread is on the steak sandwich? picky eaters want to know :upsidedow

Do you get the full experience at lunch that you would get at dinner? I mean, is the whole restaurant open so you can see everything? Aside from different food, and a server to take your order, what is the difference?

Do you get the full experience at lunch that you would get at dinner? I mean, is the whole restaurant open so you can see everything? Aside from different food, and a server to take your order, what is the difference?

actually the whole restaurant is open at lunch and only two rooms are open at dinner. We did dinner first then lunch a few days later. I enjoyed both. Of course the food is very different at dinner and there's no beast at lunch. I'd say its personal preference which you do. We really enjoyed our dinner there (I had the steak with pommes frites yum!!!) but lunch was very nice.

If you really just want to see inside and get a meal, lunch will definitely do it! If you're planning on doing a TS for dinner its a neat place to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter