Fav/most comfortable shoes?

thor369

Mouseketeer
First time going to Disney and not sure what shoes to take.
What you fav pair? That’s has stood the tests and is still comfortable after a full day of walking.

I will be switching back and forth between my Nike running shoes and New Balance 928 walking shoes.

Go to a running store (where Marathon runners shop). Have them evaluate your feet & stride. They will put you in a shoe that can withstand the Marathon you will walk. Also, buy the socks the Marathon runners wear, you'll need several pair. Then buy Bodyglide to rub all over your feet. You'll be in for $150-200 but will be the best investment you can make & you'll not have blisters.

I've used Brooks a lot, sometimes Asics, sometimes Saucony. Nike is too narrow a toe box for me. The socks are Feetures, Balega, Wig Wam, etc.

No regular store is going to get you fitted properly, the running store is staffed to know what they're doing. It wouldn't matter if 100 people posted their same fav brand, it wouldn't mean its the right shoe for you.

Last edited:
I will be switching back and forth between my Nike running shoes and New Balance 928 walking shoes.
I do the same thing. My running shoes are mostly mesh, so they breath and let a lot of vapor and heat escape. My walking shoes are for switching out in case I develop a hot spot or to let the other shoes dry out.

The most important is that you wear foot gear that is broken in to your feet. You will find out real quickly that new shoes are a big mistake with several blisters.

I walk a lot in my regular life too (am well over 1000miles this year already), and I find that my hiking shoes (either Keens, or Oboz are my favourites) are fine, but, if it's hot, (and may be wet) then Teva walking sandals are fine for a whole day walking, and dry out quickly, but, take a couple of options, so you don't put the same ones on every day. As others have said, make sure they are ones you are already used to, new shoes is a bad idea at WDW.

Why are sandals/flip flops recommended instead of breathable running shoes?
I would never use flip flops, (although some people definitely do) I like my Tevas, because they won't be ruined if they get totally soaked, and they will dry out really quickly, and, of course, they have air circulation. But, if you like running shoes, they're fine!

My favorites are Teva Hurricanes and Crocs Isabella T-straps. I alternate between them. But my next trip is in December so I’m thinking I might need warmer footwear. I always get blisters with sneakers even with my feet slathered in Foot Glide. I may try the running store suggestion above although I hate to spend that much!

Agree that you should go to a running store and find ones that work perfect for your foot! I found Hoka One One Bondi there. I have more trouble standing than walking and these are a god send with the lines and standing for fireworks, parades, etc. I also alternate shoes for any trip longer than 2-3 days so that you get different support - odd but it does help with tired legs.

I have used my water proof Keens whisper style shoes many many times at WDW, and other trips. I also wear them at home all day long when I have to be on my feet, walking the dog, shopping etc. I was fitted for my first pair, ordered the rest on sale from Rei.

My favorite shoes for Disney are chacos. They need to be broken in prior to your trip, but they are super comfortable and great for all of the walking.

Last December we had a total downpour day. Not fun for tennis shoes! Chacos work great for the Florida showers.

Go to a running store (where Marathon runners shop). Have them evaluate your feet & stride. They will put you in a shoe that can withstand the Marathon you will walk. Also, buy the socks the Marathon runners wear, you'll need several pair. Then buy Bodyglide to rub all over your feet. You'll be in for $150-200 but will be the best investment you can make & you'll not have blisters.

I've used Brooks a lot, sometimes Asics, sometimes Saucony. Nike is too narrow a toe box for me. The socks are Feetures, Balega, Wig Wam, etc.

No regular store is going to get you fitted properly, the running store is staffed to know what they're doing. It wouldn't matter if 100 people posted their same fav brand, it wouldn't mean its the right shoe for you.

I strongly agree with you! I always wear Brooks tennis shoes as my go to pair of shoes. I do alternate with EAsy Spirit tennis shoes, thought they are not as supportive, but are extremely comfortable for me. I have had my Brooks for 5 years and they are still the same as when I bought them. Love, love, love Brooks:)

I can't wear sneakers at Disney, have tried and with all the walking, my feet swell and I get blisters. My go to the last several trips have been Birkenstock Gizeh thong style sandals. Comfy and no blisters!

Epcot- Norway- Helly Hansen tennis shoes. Most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever put on.

I’m a big fan of Skechers and have convinced the men in my family as well! ;)

Echoing the rec for Skechers! I have a pair of these slip on sneakers which I have worn all day in the parks (no socks!) and been entirely comfortable, in fact I just ordered another pair in a more neutral color so I can match it with any of my outfits for upcoming trips. I also have a pair of Skechers ballet flats with memory foam in the soles which I also pack on every trip, they're definitely thinner so not as comfortable to wear all day but they do the job if you're going for a few hours and want to dress up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!