Fastpass suggestions for trip with 1.5 year old?

katie1290

Earning My Ears
Some info:
We're going the 2nd week in September
Current plan is:
M - Arrive, hotel day
T - MK rope drop til lunch, break til MNSSHP
W - Rest day til about 3, then AK
H - MK rope drop til lunch, rest afternoon, dinner/evening in Epcot (mostly just dinner)
F - Hotel day, Departure
Hotel: Polynesian Resort
ADRs all set
Daughter is currently taking 1 nap a day, about 2 hours
Also seems to be a little bit of a thrill seeker (for a 1 year old) Loves being flipped upside down, climbing and sliding down toddler slide (age actually meant for 2-6 years old), and being startled (Mom or Dad pops out from behind furniture, baby jolts then giggles)

My son's favorites last year (at nearly 2) were:
MK: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, tea cups, Dumbo (we don't FP Dumbo, it has an air-conditioned play area and we let him have some fun in there going on the slide etc), People Mover, Buzz Lightyear.
AK: Triceratop Spin (doesn't have FP), safari ride, and Navi River (the only rides he's tall enough for)
Epcot: boat ride in Mexico, Frozen ever After, Land, Sea, Turtle Talk (I don't FP that one, it's just a matter of waiting for the next show to start).

Basically those are the only rides my son was tall enough to ride as well. We're hoping to get him on the Barnstormer in May!

My daughter loves all those things...hated practically every ride when we brought her at 20 months. I've never been so afraid on dumbo in my entire life until I brought her on it. She was literally trying to claw out of the elephant.

At MK she enjoyed the country bears and tolerated Jungle Cruise.

She liked Frozen Ever After and the Nemo ride at Epcot.

AK she liked walking around the trails. HATED the safari.

Her favorite things were the splash pad at our hotel and climbing on park benches.

I would play it by ear with a child of that age since you only have slight clues as to whether the LO will enjoy any ride that utilizes FPs.
In MK in particular you'll find several rides that tiny ones can ride.

Here's a list of rides recommended for tiny ones by a Disney fan website:

• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • It’s A Small World
  • Mad Tea Party
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Prince Charming Regal Carousel

• Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
Based on my observations of how crowded and chaotic Toyland is since it recently opened I'd wait a bit for the hoopla to die down before visiting.

I would get FPs for Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan since they tend to be busy but have no idea which other rides listed here accept or need FPs.

If you're wanting to ride any of the bigger rides without her, I'd suggest getting FP for those and using rider swap as it will be much faster than waiting standby and they tend to have much longer lines than the kiddie rides. The ones you might want to FP would be Soarin or Test Track and Mission Space in Epcot and 7DMT, Splash, Space, or Big Thunder in MK, and FOP and EE in Epcot. If you're not planning on doing bigger rides, then go for the rides she can go on that typically have the longest waits- FEA in Epcot, maybe the Character spot and Spaceship Earth, and in MK rides like Peter Pan, Pooh, Speedway, or Pirates, and Navi and Safari in AK.

At just shy of 2, my son really enjoyed Pirates, HM, the Speedway, Buzz, and Magic Carpets. He fell asleep on the Carousel and in iasm, and was a little frightened by the thunderstorm in Pooh. In Epcot, he LOVED the Mexico ride (rode it repeatedly with no wait), FEA, and Spaceship Earth (so many things to see in that ride). We thought he'd love Turtle Talk, but he just couldn't sit still during the show. In AK, he loved the Safari and FOTLK.

If you have any desire to do any of the Tier 1 rides in Epcot (Soarin, Test Track, and FEA), I'd strongly suggest using your FP for that day in that park since you have another day in MK, plus the party which will help you get on rides with shorter lines. I'm not sure if they are still doing it, but in 2017 they had a dance party in Tomorrowland during MNSSHP and it was easily my son's favorite part of the party. Sulley was there dancing with the kids and it was a riot.

I would get fast passes for Peter Pan, buzz, and pirates. Like a previous poster said, Dumbo is probably a must-do, But you can let your little one play in the play area until it is your turn to ride, so no need to waste a fast pass on that.

My daughter also really liked Astro orbiter at that age. It’s basically a faster Dumbo with rocket ships.

Sounds like she can hang out with my son! His other favorite, that you don't need FP for, was locating trash cans and pushing the lid open repeatedly.

Nothing like traveling the entire eastern seaboard to have her do something she can do at home. :/

But the look on her face when she met Minnie Mouse made it all worthwhile, and she does say "i didn't like Dumbo when I a baby"

We are taking my 19 month old son. We have are planning to FP the following for him:
MK: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz
We have a PPO BOG breakfast and hit up Peter Pan and Pooh at park open. We plan to see the Country Bears. We will see what kind of 4th FP I can get after the first 3, but we will probably do standby for Dumbo, Ariel, IASW, etc. We are staying at WL, so we can just pop over to MK as time allows for some of the stuff.
HS: TSMM...we plan to do a lot of Star Wars meet and greets with him. We may also do the Muppets show and the Little Mermaid show.
Epcot: Soarin (with Rider Swap), Seas, and then either FP or Standby with the Land/Spaceship Earth/Figment. One will be FP the others SB or 4th FP. We have PPO breakfast at Akershus to do FEA at park open.
AK: If we can FP FoP, we will split our group with those who want FoP and those who don't on Navi with the toddler. Or if we can get FoP FP, we may all ride Navi at rope drop. FP with the toddler will be the Safari and probably FotLK. Don't really need a FP for FotLK, so we will see how it all plays out. We will probably do the animal trails and Rafikis Planet Watch.

I think the key is flexibility. And o have to keep telling myself that my son will be just happy being pushed around in his stroller and watching people. I don't have a high bar to reach to give him enjoyment. Actually, he'll be the easiest out of our group of 7 to make happy :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter