Fastpass Q's

ByTheHook

A Reformed Toad
1.) Which rides at DL will (gasp!) let you use a FP with the parent-swap, too?

2.) For FP rides like Space Mtn. and Big Thunder Mtn., will the CM let me ride solo first (as a "guinea pig") to see if DW and DS3 will like the ride? Our DS1 would just hang out with whichever of us are there to watch him.

Or, do we have to have one of us go w/ the DS3 first on all the parent-swap rides (including FP ones) before the other parent can ride solo?

Thanks, all.

pirate:

You can use FP and child swap together on all the FP rides. First, get FP's for everyone (so 3 FP's). Then get in line if you want to get a child swap card. For the child swap, your DS needs to be with you in line at the point where they hand out the cards. Usually, this is before the line enters the building or a big maze. Have fun!

ByTheHook said:
1.) Which rides at DL will (gasp!) let you use a FP with the parent-swap, too?

2.) For FP rides like Space Mtn. and Big Thunder Mtn., will the CM let me ride solo first (as a "guinea pig") to see if DW and DS3 will like the ride? Our DS1 would just hang out with whichever of us are there to watch him.

Or, do we have to have one of us go w/ the DS3 first on all the parent-swap rides (including FP ones) before the other parent can ride solo?
Yes, with a parent-swap pass, you can ride solo first to check out the ride.

You don't need to stand in line to get a parent-swap pass. In front of every ride is an assigned CM, who will be standing there to answer any questions, measure kids to see if they meet the height requirement, and to hand out parent-swap passes. You and your family will be able to walk right up to the CM and ask for a parent-swap pass. (The CM has to see the child/children to give out a parent-swap pass.)

Once you get the parent-swap pass, give it to your DW. She then can take the kids and go find a nice spot to sit and relax. You can then use your fastpass (that of course you got earlier in the day ;) ) to ride the attraction first. Once you're done, walk out of the exit (just like everyone else), and go find your wife and family.

Now your wife (or your wife and child) can use the parent swap pass. She hands it to the CM, who will then direct her (or her and child) to the fastpass line of the attraction.

It's really easy. We used a parent-swap pass many times. If you still can't quite understand how it works, don't worry about it. Just;

1. Get fastpasses for the attraction if they're available.

2. You and your family walk up to the attraction's CM for a parent-swap pass.

3. The CM will then be able to tell you what to do.

Just know that yes, you can ride the attraction alone first to check it out. :thumbsup2

disney-super-mom said:
Once you get the parent-swap pass, give it to your DW. She then can take the kids and go find a nice spot to sit and relax. You can then use your fastpass (that of course you got earlier in the day ;) ) to ride the attraction first. Once you're done, walk out of the exit (just like everyone else), and go find your wife and family.

Now your wife (or your wife and child) can use the parent swap pass. She hands it to the CM, who will then direct her (or her and child) to the fastpass line of the attraction.

Okay, but doesn't this process take more time (esp. if the existing FP line has as much as a 20 min. wait ea. time)? Couldn't we all just wait in the FP line together and then have her and him board after I return w/ a thumbs-up (or all just leave together if I give the thumbs-down [or a choking pantomime])?
:p

Thanks again.

ByTheHook said:
Okay, but doesn't this process take more time (esp. if the existing FP line has as much as a 20 min. wait ea. time)? Couldn't we all just wait in the FP line together and then have her and him board after I return w/ a thumbs-up (or all just leave together if I give the thumbs-down [or a choking pantomime])?
:p

Thanks again.
Well the last time we used the parent-swap pass at DL was 10 months ago, and the way I described it to you is the way the CMs were running it. I don't think they would allow your wife and kids to hang out around the boarding platform while you ride, but it never hurts to ask I guess. :confused3 Although keep in mind that you can't take strollers in the line, so you or your wife would have to hold your 1 year old most, if not all the time you stand in line.

They have never let us baby swap that way where one parent gets off the ride and the kiddies are immediately swapped and the next party gets to board. As far as I know you have to get off the ride, meet the party, and then go back through the fast pass line - this really does not take that much time and is well worth the wait!!

disney-super-mom said:
Although keep in mind that you can't take strollers in the line, so you or your wife would have to hold your 1 year old most, if not all the time you stand in line.

Wait, wait, wait!: we can't take our stroller in the FP line or in ANY line at DL? This is huge!

No - (and this is probably why we usually bring an extra adult) The whole party has to go up to the CM at the entrance of the ride to get the baby swap pass - then you would go on the ride, the others hang out at the exit waiting for you - then you do it again with the baby swap pass. It really is not as bad as it sounds - most FP lines can get you through pretty quick - but we usually do bring snacks and things to keep the kiddies entertained while they are waiting...(and sorry to be the bearer of bad news...)
:guilty:

I don't recall seeing a single stroller in any lines we stood in. There is stroller "parking" at the beginning of each ride. Some of the smaller rides don't have any room for a stroller whatsoever.......especially Fantasyland.

Wow-- thanks for the heads-up! I have yet to see a single DL-family guidebook that warns about the no-strollers-allowed-in-lines rule at all! pirate:

I like to stash a few smarties in my pockets before we get in line - the candy makes no mess, and it keeps the kiddies entertained!!!

Yes, no strollers....You might want to think about a sling or something of the kind. I'd die without my sling at Disney because we've only gone once without a toddler or baby so it's a lifesaver! Just be warned...I've had mine stolen twice! I guess other people think it's a good idea too! Sure saves your arms and keeps the kiddos from trying the escape artist trick! (I'd get one asap though to get used to it).

Shelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter