FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two FP+ related questions that might stump some of the experts... :)

1) Switching Disney hotels after reserving FPs

I currently have a Swan Reservation in early March for six nights and already booked FPs attached to that reservation. Today I noticed a good deal on AKL for the first four days of our trip. So I booked it with a cancellation option. If I keep AKL we will switch hotels on Day 5 (which is scheduled as a rest day for us) and move to the Swan on Day 5 - then have two nights at the Swan and two more park days.

Does anyone have any advice on how to "migrate" FPs already booked for the Swan to the AKL reservation while keeping the FPs on the Swan reservation for days 6 and 7? I will of course need to shorten my Swan reservation from six nights to two, but of course want to keep all FPs I already have.

2) Adding days to a pre-purchased ticket (Undercover Tourist) without messing up existing reserved FPs

We are going to arrive late on a Thursday night and plan to relax Friday and start at MK on Saturday. However, we might feel up to adding a park day to our tickets on Friday (say for a few hours to go into AK). I would guess if I just used our tickets as is (with plans to add a day later in the trip) it would wipe out FPs on the final day? In other words, I let's say I have four day tickets on a five day trip and booked FPs for Days 2, 3, 4 and 5. On Day 1 I decide to use the ticket at a park. It would wipe out the Day 5 FPs?

With that in mind, I would think it essential for me to first buy the extra day before heading into AK on my hypothetical Day 1. If I did that, would anyone foresee any kind of problem that might happen to reserved FPs on Days 2-5?

:wizard:

I have two FP+ related questions that might stump some of the experts... :)

1) Switching Disney hotels after reserving FPs

I currently have a Swan Reservation in early March for six nights and already booked FPs attached to that reservation. Today I noticed a good deal on AKL for the first four days of our trip. So I booked it with a cancellation option. If I keep AKL we will switch hotels on Day 5 (which is scheduled as a rest day for us) and move to the Swan on Day 5 - then have two nights at the Swan and two more park days.

Does anyone have any advice on how to "migrate" FPs already booked for the Swan to the AKL reservation while keeping the FPs on the Swan reservation for days 6 and 7? I will of course need to shorten my Swan reservation from six nights to two, but of course want to keep all FPs I already have.

2) Adding days to a pre-purchased ticket (Undercover Tourist) without messing up existing reserved FPs

We are going to arrive late on a Thursday night and plan to relax Friday and start at MK on Saturday. However, we might feel up to adding a park day to our tickets on Friday (say for a few hours to go into AK). I would guess if I just used our tickets as is (with plans to add a day later in the trip) it would wipe out FPs on the final day? In other words, I let's say I have four day tickets on a five day trip and booked FPs for Days 2, 3, 4 and 5. On Day 1 I decide to use the ticket at a park. It would wipe out the Day 5 FPs?

With that in mind, I would think it essential for me to first buy the extra day before heading into AK on my hypothetical Day 1. If I did that, would anyone foresee any kind of problem that might happen to reserved FPs on Days 2-5?

1. No migration needed. Your FPs, based on your ticket entitlements, remain intact.

2. FPs remain for approximately 1.5 days without a ticket entitlement. As long as you add in that extra entitlement sometime during "Day 1," you'll be fine. :)

1. No migration needed. Your FPs, based on your ticket entitlements, remain intact.

2. FPs remain for approximately 1.5 days without a ticket entitlement. As long as you add in that extra entitlement sometime during "Day 1," you'll be fine. :)

Cool! Thanks!

I have an MDE account with a list of family and friends. Ive made fp with the list no problem. My question is : my cousin who is on my f/f list wants to make her own MDE account. I will still do the FP for us tho. Does it matter if she has her own account? Do I have to do the invite to her thing ? or how will it work, thanks in advance!!!

I have an MDE account with a list of family and friends. Ive made fp with the list no problem. My question is : my cousin who is on my f/f list wants to make her own MDE account. I will still do the FP for us tho. Does it matter if she has her own account? Do I have to do the invite to her thing ? or how will it work, thanks in advance!!!
Once she makes her own account, just send her an invite to connect. No issues.

If I have my FPs already set and then find out I may need to change parks around on 2 days. How can I see what is available at another park for the same day I already have FP reserved, without totally deleting my current FPs?

If I have my FPs already set and then find out I may need to change parks around on 2 days. How can I see what is available at another park for the same day I already have FP reserved, without totally deleting my current FPs?
See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky at the top of the FP forum.

There are step by step directions for Checking Availability without losing original FPs.

There are step by step directions for Checking Availability without losing original FPs.

Ok that explains it :idea: ... I did not know there was a FP forum. I was searching everywhere for Mesaboy's FP+ FAQ thread because I thought it was a sticky, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Now I know ;) Thanks.

Ok that explains it :idea: ... I did not know there was a FP forum. I was searching everywhere for Mesaboy's FP+ FAQ thread because I thought it was a sticky, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Now I know ;) Thanks.
:) Since 5:00a my time, I've been consolidating Pandora and RoL threads. When I answered @buzznina post, I had no idea which Board I was on. But, I do know where the Stickies are. ;)

:) Since 5:00a my time, I've been consolidating Pandora and RoL threads. When I answered @buzznina post, I had no idea which Board I was on. But, I do know where the Stickies are. ;)
I can imagine...as soon as they announce an opening I bet there are many, many threads much about the same thing. In fact, Pandora announcement was the reason I was looking for the FP FAQ. I didn't know they changed the 60 day mark to 7am est.

I guess a lot of people are trying to change around their FP's, I just copied your msg to me into another reply on another board/thread:)

Hello all, newbie here to the forums, but not to the Dis. My last trip was in Sept 2012 and it was before the Fastpass system was revamped and the paper tickets done away with. So I've yet to experience a trip to WDW using the current system. My question - and I did look at the Booking Window section - is in regards to whether or not you can book your 3 daily Fastpasses for each day of your trip if today (just for example) was 60 days prior to the first day of your trip. Or would I have to do it once a day for 7 days so long as the day I'm scheduling it for is at least 60 days out? I know that sounds confusing so let me ask it this way. If day 1 of my trip is 60 days from TODAY am I only able to schedule the Fastpasses for THAT day? Would I have to wait until tomorrow to schedule day 2's Fastpasses, since that would be 60 days out from tomorrow?

Hello all, newbie here to the forums, but not to the Dis. My last trip was in Sept 2012 and it was before the Fastpass system was revamped and the paper tickets done away with. So I've yet to experience a trip to WDW using the current system. My question - and I did look at the Booking Window section - is in regards to whether or not you can book your 3 daily Fastpasses for each day of your trip if today (just for example) was 60 days prior to the first day of your trip. Or would I have to do it once a day for 7 days so long as the day I'm scheduling it for is at least 60 days out? I know that sounds confusing so let me ask it this way. If day 1 of my trip is 60 days from TODAY am I only able to schedule the Fastpasses for THAT day? Would I have to wait until tomorrow to schedule day 2's Fastpasses, since that would be 60 days out from tomorrow?
Assuming you're staying on site (which you need to be in order to get the 60 day window), then it should open for your entire stay. So you could book all days of your trip "today" in your example.

Apologies if this has been answered, but I can't seem to turn up any info on this with my searches. I have a party of 7 headed to Disneyworld. My fast pass booking day is tomorrow, and I'm wondering if two members of the party (my brother and I) can book fast passes for our entire group at the same time, when the 7am booking window opens up. Thanks in advance for your help!

Apologies if this has been answered, but I can't seem to turn up any info on this with my searches. I have a party of 7 headed to Disneyworld. My fast pass booking day is tomorrow, and I'm wondering if two members of the party (my brother and I) can book fast passes for our entire group at the same time, when the 7am booking window opens up. Thanks in advance for your help!
:welcome: to the DISboards! Yes; two people can book FPs for the same MDE account.

You may want to use 2 different browsers or app versus website. Book your FPs in the order of highest priority rather than by day. Good luck to you! :)

I read through the FAQs and want to make sure I have a few things straight. And...my apologies if I missed something...there's a lot of info here!

I plan to use my tablet to make my FP+ selections.

I have a package (room + tickets) that I booked through Disney directly and I can see it in MDE.

On my sixty day mark, after I choose my party, it will automatically take me to book the Fastpasses, right? I just want to make sure no further action is needed on my part.

Also, my son is a year old. Do I need to include him in my fastpass party since he is not old enough to get fastpasses?

I read through the FAQs and want to make sure I have a few things straight. And...my apologies if I missed something...there's a lot of info here!

I plan to use my tablet to make my FP+ selections.

I have a package (room + tickets) that I booked through Disney directly and I can see it in MDE.

On my sixty day mark, after I choose my party, it will automatically take me to book the Fastpasses, right? I just want to make sure no further action is needed on my part.

Also, my son is a year old. Do I need to include him in my fastpass party since he is not old enough to get fastpasses?

Since your one year old doesn't have a ticket, there's no way to add him to your FP group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter